All parent member reviews for Like Crazy

Adult Written byterra100 November 20, 2011

Makes you think -- what makes love?

My mature 17 year old daughter went to this film with me, and when it was over she said "that was the ultimate hipster movie." While this movie may appear to be for kids, which I'm sure it does appeal to on some level, I actually think this movie is for adults. The 4th act (what you think about after the film) is actually quite adult. You get a flood of young-love memories. You see how different you are now with your decision making. The end of the film has much broader implications than the plot line. Do long-distance relationships kill the relationships? What is love made of? The movie was brilliantly made with $250,000 and shot with a 50-page outline and no script -- all improvised on plot line. But, the film is so well done. It won the Grand Jury prize at Sundance in 2011. I can't say this is the best film I've seen this year -- The Help and The Artist, so far, have been the most fulfilling films I've seen for award contention and personal enjoyment. But, this film does have a lot of honesty and makes you think about your past and present in ways that I didn't expect. The acting is also very physical, which makes it good acting -- something you'll enjoy.