All parent member reviews for Little Spirit: Christmas in New York

Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written bykengrant December 11, 2008

Why would anyone subject themselves to this?

This, by far, one of the worst holiday specials I have ever seen. Let's start with the fact that it is little more than an hour-long commercial for Macy's - add to that the fact that we have two minutes worth of a story inflated to fill an hour's worth of air-time. An hour should be more than enough time to actually develop characters and/or a story line - somehow this special seems to be able to go a full hour without being able to tell a story or develop a character.
Adult Written bypeterxyz December 12, 2008

Crass Commercialism At Its Worst!

Christmas in New York is the personification of gross consumption, materialism; and crass commercialism where prioritization is set on christmas depriving intrinsic worth out of a Macy's bag. In, short, the story is devoid of traditional holiday merriment in favor of consumerism; and processes involved in shopping to find the perfect expression of holiday sentiment.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bychristianmom79 January 21, 2009

New Christmas Favorite!

My family absolutely fell in love with little Spirit!!! It was adorable, the whole family enjoyed, it was nice to watch a holiday cartoon with my son & neither of us get bored! As far as the 'commercialism' in it, it's pretty true to life actually, it was nothing a kid doesn't see if you take the holiday shopping with you! We don't get into the 'commercialism' of Christmas, so we were able to look past it & see the adorable story of Spirit!! We can't wait for the holidays to come so we can watch it again!
Parent of a 22 and 25 year old Written byWinston Bauer December 10, 2008

Sweet!

Great little story - Very NYC. Great animation and soundtrack. Charming telling of the story - how a lost dog is found with much more being found along the way.