Parent reviews for Little Spirit: Christmas in New York

Boy's magical travels are holiday fun for the whole family.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written bypeterxyz December 12, 2008

Crass Commercialism At Its Worst!

Christmas in New York is the personification of gross consumption, materialism; and crass commercialism where prioritization is set on christmas depriving intrinsic worth out of a Macy's bag. In, short, the story is devoid of traditional holiday merriment in favor of consumerism; and processes involved in shopping to find the perfect expression of holiday sentiment.
Parent of a 14 and 15-year-old Written bykengrant December 11, 2008

Why would anyone subject themselves to this?

This, by far, one of the worst holiday specials I have ever seen.

Let's start with the fact that it is little more than an hour-long commercial for Macy's - add to that the fact that we have two minutes worth of a story inflated to fill an hour's worth of air-time. An hour should be more than enough time to actually develop characters and/or a story line - somehow this special seems to be able to go a full hour without being able to tell a story or develop a character.
Parent of a 4-year-old Written bychristianmom79 January 21, 2009

New Christmas Favorite!

My family absolutely fell in love with little Spirit!!! It was adorable, the whole family enjoyed, it was nice to watch a holiday cartoon with my son & neither of us get bored! As far as the 'commercialism' in it, it's pretty true to life actually, it was nothing a kid doesn't see if you take the holiday shopping with you! We don't get into the 'commercialism' of Christmas, so we were able to look past it & see the adorable story of Spirit!! We can't wait for the holidays to come so we can watch it again!
Parent of a 18+ and 18+-year-old Written byWinston Bauer December 10, 2008

Sweet!

Great little story - Very NYC.
Great animation and soundtrack.
Charming telling of the story - how a lost dog is found with much more being found along the way.