Kid reviews for Lolita

Lolita Poster Image

NOT A LOVE STORY

ok so this movie is about a pedophile and a girl who is ONLY 12. it is not a love story, it is rape.

2 people found this helpful.

tw:pedophelia

I watched the 1992 version when i was eleven.It didn't change me but definitley opened my eyes.It's a heartbreaking movie knowing how it ended and how he manipulated her.I don't recomend it to a younger audience but can't really say anything.

2 people found this helpful.

Not a love story- a precautionary tale

I think people forget the purpose of this novel/movie is to display a warning. This isn’t a love story, it’s a precautionary tale. I personally find the story disturbing, and captivating. As a young girl, it really does scare you straight. If your child wants to read this just make sure they know it’s a warning story, not a love story.

1 person found this helpful.
It wasn’t even bad. Idk why people are overreacting, it’s literally just an old man with a young girl(which the movie is about)

Pedophile's Fantasy

First of all, love story? I think not. This is no love story. This is a tale of pedophilia and abuse. It's not even profound. Of course, this expert review is that of a man, so you could see why he refers to it as a 'love story'. Nonsense. This movie really is a waste of your time.

Mr. Slick man

I like to show off to all the woman around me, look before you go listen to your parents and they will show you what to do *instumantal repeat* you can take my girl you can change my world but don't touch my freaking truck
1 person found this helpful.

a good story about the mind of a pedofile

this movie and book is NOT to be romanticized. this is of the main character telling his story to the jury. this is a story of abuse. the movie isnt true to the book. i think that if your teenager is able to understand that it is not a love story and understands the true meaning behind it its fine.

1 person found this helpful.

THIS IS NOT A LOVE STORY. i am so angry with csm for calling this a love story, it's about grooming and pedophilia, it is supposed to be a good book and a movie but you cannot call it a love story!!!!

In depth review

This movie was.. well.. interesting. It's basically a movie about pedophilia though, so it does have some heavy stuff, but other than that its really really good. I would recommend this for maybe a 15 year old, just make sure they know what pedophilia is

nice and all but...

Listen, this movie may have that aesthetic 50's cute vibe to it, which I love, don't get me wrong. Anywaysssssss, this is pedophilia, he was grooming her. Yeah, cool she liked him. Ok? This isn't a love story. Its from a twisted, time frozen mans point of view. There is sex, beware of that. Not a bad thing to watch the movie though, it is a classic so I guess I recommend it.