Parent reviews for Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor Poster Image

Extremely disturbing, but one of the best movies out.

I just watched my first rated R movie today. Not including Terminator. This is truly a top 2 movie that I've ever seen. I watched it with my dad. This movie says the F words 171 times. So it's not exactly a PG movie. And to make things worse for kids, the movie has a ton of blood, super frickin realistic injuries that all people will find disturbing, multiple times where the main 4 soldiers are thrown down a huge hill to avoid a bomb, but they end up crashing into trees and breaking tons of bones, having one seen with someone getting decapited (they don't show it), the main guy at the end cuts off skin with a knife, shows many people getting shot in the head, many close up of brutal and disturbing imagery, and there are clips of the kinda Main Character sitting all bloody and beat up at the beginning and end. This is not a light hearted, family friendly movie. Please don't show your kids this unless you know what's in it. Overall a great movie that an easy 10/10 for me. There is 1 problem, but thats kinds Hollywood's fault. This is a must watch, but not for the weak of stomach or heart. If you even have a slight weak stomach, then I wouldn't consider giving this a watch.

One of the best war movies ever made!

I just saw this movie tonight, and it is truly one of the best war movies ever made! It does not hold back on the graphic violence, but the violence is not gratuitous and unnecessary. This movie is based on a true story, and it has lots of positive role models, like the main character, Marcus Luttrell, who refers to his fellow soldiers as his brothers. He is the only American soldier survivor in battle, and when he is saved by people who are not American, the positive message is on the kindness of strangers. It is a sad movie, but it shows the horrors and struggles of war, and the beginning of the movie reveals the discipline soldiers have to go through in order to fight well while in the military, including having a strong mentality to help them not give up or die easily. I recommend it to older teens and adults because of all the violence and language, but it is a must-see for mature audiences!

An Intense, Moving True Story

Lone survivor contains a lot of shooting, blood, and language. However, nothing is gratuitously portrayed, and it's important for kids to understand what real heroes are.

Very good military movie portrais real life heroes in a very brutal and powerfull way

Parents need to know that this is a very moving movie with brutal violence that tells the powerfull story of multiple navy seals and how they fought for in Afghanistan.Best recomended for adult because kids may find it violent and sad

its bad

too bad it has swearing you should be 18 and up

Deadly battle for survival.

What could have easily been simple minded jingoistic hero worship is made into a human and taut survival tale about self sacrifice and brotherhood rather than firepower getting one out alive. There are moments of psychological tension that add moral wieght to the assignment and create drama that adds on top of the imposing violent threat. Characters may not seem terribly unique (they are real people) but they work well together in the story. Tbe opening mo tage shows what SEALS in training need to go thru to qualify yet its the next half hour that shows what will really bring them through a fight with unexpected odds against them. The bonding feels earnest amd the back and forth from command to the battle adds approptiate sense of desperate timeliness to the operation. Peter Berg of course shows his knack for hard hitting action and calamity but in this case also its consequence. Violence is intense and at times bloody but its mostly brief and survival oriented. There are veru crunchy painfull falls suffered by our protagonists. A head is chopped off offscreen, we see blood erupt up. There are numerous bloody images of our protagonists injuries though. Many f words throughout(100+).

Extremely Brutal

Within the first 30 minutes there is a partially offscreen view of a young man being dragged to a tree trunk and beheaded by a Talib. There are chunks of neck and blood all over the screen during this section. During the rest of the movie, a SEAL's finger is blown off and anothers ear is blown off. Near the end, the main character messily pulls a piece of shrapnel from his lower leg. There is blood everywhere during gun battles and almost another beheading which is stopped by a villager. There are around 65 uses of f*ck, 20 sh*t and lots of other swear words. Jesus, damn and stuff like that is also there but thats not swearing. Overall its extremely gripping, but brutal

A few important things

Its bloody and gory, but for anyone who's watched an action movie rated PG-13 or up is probably OK.

Good adaptaion

I just saw this movie after I read the book and it's not quite as good as the book which really gets into the details of the event behind it all which would be operation Redwing.