Kid reviews for Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor Poster Image

Frequent cursing and violence in amazing war film

This film is very real in the sense that they swear a lot (F--k said 171 times) and it is quite violent. Violence 5/5 Sex 1/5 Language 5/5 It's better for older teens that can handle this.

Loved It

I loved this film so much. there was a lot of violence but older tweens can handle it. Plus there was a ton of language. it is a good film for older and mature tweens.

It Was Ok

It was really violent, a lot of gore, but was not accurate as the true story. Marcus never fought shah. He did not see the helicopter go down but other then that it was pretty good

Absolutely Astonishing

This is definitely one of my favorite war films ever. The reason I like it so much is because it is choreographed so well, with the different events of the story. It even changed the way I look at life. I used to think that I was unlucky because others were so much better than me. Now, I feel like the luckiest kid alive because I don't have to go through that. Plus now I know that I am only safe with the people I love. This war drama is about NAVY SEALS that go on a mission in Afghanistan to capture and kill the high ranking Taliban leader. When a few people come and find the team trouble ensues. The reason I think this film is OK for teens seventeen and up is because there is violence and swearing. Overall I think that everyone should at least see this movie once because it helps us understand how lucky we are to live in America.

One of the very best war movies

This is a great movie, but trust me read the book first.

Meh

It was ok, but the swearing was so dumb. I don't have a problem with it generally, but when its put in just for the heck of it, its pointless. Not a bad movie per say, but it certainly wasn't a good movie either.

Truly inspiring

Lone survivor is an amazing movie. Brilliantly directed, and phenomenal acting. Accurate language for the film, yet still pretty intense expletives! Lots of f-words and sh*ts, but overall the movie is non sexual at all, and very, very good! Teens should be able to handle it, and it gives them a very accurate representation of war and conflict. Highly recommended!

Brilliant and very entertaining true war story is very violent and mature but beautiful.

My rating:R for strong bloody war violence including disturbing images, pervasive language, and brief innuendo.

Incredible movie

This movie tells an incredibly moving story about a true US navy seal mission that went wrong. The only content warnings would be the graphic violence and intense profanity. The movie is very intense, so expect to see lots of blood as well as blown of fingers and such. Also, the movie contains over 100 f-words as well as a handful of other profanities (mainly 3 or 4 uses of sh*t). However, this movie is incredibly moving if you /your child can handle intense and prolonged sequences of strong violence, as well as a torrent of f-words throughout, this story is inspiring and gripping. It will leave you with mixed emotions, you will feel sadness at the brave soldiers deaths, but you will also feel an intense pride in your country and a deep respect for our armed forces. God bless our Military Men.