All teen and kid member reviews for Lone Survivor

Teen, 13 years old Written byJacob andrew matich December 31, 2013

Jacob matich

There is violence in lone survivor and some language
Teen, 16 years old Written bybwils927 March 6, 2014

Life Changing

This movie changed the way I go about my life. As soon as I saw the trailer for this I could not wait to see it. The four men depicted in this movie are four of the bravest men to ever walk this Earth and I am honored to be from the same country as them. Anyone who says there is too much violence just simply does not understand this world. Anyone complaining about the swearing needs to wake the hell up. I'm pretty sure that if two of your fingers were shot off, you would likely scream "Aww, f***". To anyone who doesn't want their kids to hear swears: YOUR KID SWEARS EVERY FREAKING DAY AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!! The reason I put 16 and over is because I, a 16.5 year old, do not believe that anyone younger than me can understand the true meaning of this film and what it means to be a member of the US Military. 99% of the people who saw this movie do not have what it takes, and I am certainly one of them, which make me respect these men and all who serve much more. I could go on and on about this, but overall, it was a life changing movie
Teen, 16 years old Written by1234Khashayar January 20, 2014

Act Of Valor - Review

It depends on families(Parents). If your child isn't good with violence you may prefer to turn-off the T.V for them. But no if your child isn't bad with them. This movie will get them a sense of honor and respect for soldiers. They may understand the good and bad of this movie, by them selves. Be careful, maybe kids under 14, may not be good with this sort of movies. So it may give them, a bit of action acts.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveBands June 30, 2014

Great Movie

This movie is my absolute favorite. It has action, it has a good storyline, and the actors play it perfectly. The amount of violence is what you would expect from a war movie, that is there is a lot. It shows a man about to be decapitated on a log, where others had obviously had the same done to them, and overall deals with the death of the whole team that was deployed except for the Lone Survivor, hence the name. I didn't find a problem with the amount of violence, but I have been exposed to blood and gore from a young age. There is a fair amount of swearing, including a few F words, but truthfully if your child is at the middle school age, they have heard all and more of it before. It is also based on a true story, which to me makes it that much more interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTom Moore March 9, 2014

One of the greatest war dramas

Too many people do not think that much of war. They don't know what it is like. This movie conveys what war is like. You get to know the characters and learn to like them. Once you see them in trouble, you are severely hoping that they make it out alive. The true story of Marcus Luttrell's fight for his life with his fellow marines is one of the best war stories ever told. It is no way for young kids. It is not an action movie, it is strictly a drama. Each scene makes you worry for the characters' survival. By the ending, you'll find yourself either crying or applauding. Since it's a war movie, there is a lot of violence. A man is beheaded (off camera), many soldiers from both sides are shot. Also, there is a lot of swearing, but for a true story, you have to expect that. This is an amazing story that shows what war is really like and it will open the eyes of people who don't think that much of war.
Kid, 10 years old February 9, 2014

Great movie

This is a great movie. This is not the best choice for kids under thirteen but if your kids have seen saving private Ryan or we were soldiers and they are ten years old let them see it and they may see how hard these navy seals work to protect are country but also know this movie is so sad and made my parents cry as most parents would if they see this movie but still second best war movie. (first saving private Ryan.)
Teen, 13 years old Written bybpal24 October 5, 2014

Amazing Story

Honestly, the violence isn't as bad as rumor has it. It's one of the best movies I've even seen and anyone 13+ should be able to handle it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjgray232 April 24, 2014

powerful!!!

I read the book first and the book is outstanding. I love this movie it is a great true story and is very moving. There is swearing a good amount of it. The violence is pretty intense, but just a great movie. I also like how the real marcus luttrell is in the movie who is the author of the book and the seal that the movie is based off of.
Teen, 17 years old Written bywillman72 March 3, 2014

very sad very intense

the movie is a true story that can make your emotions take even the credits made me sad
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieexpert101 June 29, 2016

Truly inspiring

Lone survivor is an amazing movie. Brilliantly directed, and phenomenal acting. Accurate language for the film, yet still pretty intense expletives! Lots of f-words and sh*ts, but overall the movie is non sexual at all, and very, very good! Teens should be able to handle it, and it gives them a very accurate representation of war and conflict. Highly recommended!
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2016

Brilliant and very entertaining true war story is very violent and mature but beautiful.

My rating:R for strong bloody war violence including disturbing images, pervasive language, and brief innuendo.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymedvenson April 12, 2016

Incredible movie

This movie tells an incredibly moving story about a true US navy seal mission that went wrong. The only content warnings would be the graphic violence and intense profanity. The movie is very intense, so expect to see lots of blood as well as blown of fingers and such. Also, the movie contains over 100 f-words as well as a handful of other profanities (mainly 3 or 4 uses of sh*t). However, this movie is incredibly moving if you /your child can handle intense and prolonged sequences of strong violence, as well as a torrent of f-words throughout, this story is inspiring and gripping. It will leave you with mixed emotions, you will feel sadness at the brave soldiers deaths, but you will also feel an intense pride in your country and a deep respect for our armed forces. God bless our Military Men.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydkasal000 September 24, 2015
One of the best war movies and maybe my personal favorite a great movie but a little short and had less language than most war movies but still had language
Teen, 17 years old Written byMyles1 September 16, 2015

Amazing movie!!!

This movie is so good!!! The storyline is exceptional along with the acting. However, it is extremely violent, with close up kills, and no shortage of blood/gore. Language is ever present, with F*** and S*** being extremely common. This movie is only for mature viewers in my opinion but when kids come of age, everyone should see it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGkiller45 September 2, 2015

Amazing war drama

This movie is truly great but just very violent and has alot of swearing
Teen, 13 years old Written byE_McClary1 August 21, 2015

Awesome movie

I really really enjoyed this movie. It is one of the best war films and can be compared to the other famous war films like saving private ryan, black hawk down and the hurt locker. About as violent as many other war movies, great story and awesome cast. The only things that i would really need to warn people about, is the colossal amounts of f-bombs, the scene where he pulls a piece of shrapnel out of his leg, and the decapitation scene at the beginning. Other than that it is an excellent story that will keep you on edge, and show you what true patriotism and honor are.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox June 7, 2015

Lone Survivor

This movie is truly moving and inspiring. Several men get shot and die, a man stabs another man. Lots of language such as f*ck, ass, c0ck. No drinking or drugs. No sex. I think everyone 11+ should see this movie. I showed it to my mom and she liked it!
Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2015

Woof! Had me sweating like crazy

I never sweat so much in my life, except from this movie. The Navy Seals in this movie durate UNIMAGINABLE things in this film!! They fell straight off of huge cliffs breaking nearly every bone in their body while getting shot by Terrorists and not even complaining! This is a great way to remember the sacrifices Navy Seal's and other branches of the military make for us. Mark Whalberg did and admirable job, at acting as the Lone Survivor himself. This movie contained outstanding role models throughout the movie. I believe the main message is that soldiers would risk anything for their "brothers". Now that's true Brotherhood!!! If I could I would rate this 10 STARS!!
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2014

One of my favorite movies!

Great true story is awesome but filled with strong, brutal violence and extremely frequent occasional swearing. If violence doesn't bother you, I would recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJkeen00 December 2, 2014

Very good movie

One of the best movies I have seen. The only things to be careful of is violence and language including a lot of fbombs