A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the sex industry. Does Lovelace make it look appealing in any way?
How is sex portrayed in the movie? Is it loving or exploitative? Parents, talk to your teens about your own values regarding sex and relationships.
In the movie, what was Linda's relationship with her parents like? Were they supportive? Caring? How well did they communicate?
- Is Linda a role model? What makes her sympathetic despite the things she says and does?
Was Linda too young to be involved in this world?
- In theaters: August 9, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: November 5, 2013
- Cast: Amanda Seyfried, Peter Sarsgaard, Sharon Stone
- Directors: Jeffrey Friedman, Rob Epstein
- Studio: Radius TWC
- Genre: Drama
- Run time: 92 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: strong sexual content, nudity, language, drug use and some domestic violence
- Last updated: September 20, 2019
Our editors recommend
For kids who love true stories
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch