All parent member reviews for Mad Hot Ballroom

Parent Written bypatriciawin September 13, 2014

Loved it...full of fun

Really a great mix of kids learning to love dancing and get much positive growth from it.... the competitive part showed some interesting things about kids who HAD to win and others who just had fun... Most of the teachers are good but you could see a few who clearly need to learn to chill a bit ... It's a really wonderful time watching though.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byerich February 12, 2010

Try to do your best (but you might not always win)

I think this movie is great. The kids work really hard and do their best. In my opinion, they are great role models for my kid. Although I watched this film more than a year ago, I still remember one boy's perplexity at having come in second, *although they had done their best and exactly what their coach/teacher had told them.* It was moving seeing him forced to absorb this painful but real life lesson (and I watched my own son absorb it by proxy).
Adult Written byweluvmovies2 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySasavC April 9, 2008

Mad Hurt Ballroom

This is an entertaining film and a disturbing one. Why do we need to crush certain kids' spirits by cutting them after giving them hope and motivation and fun? Why does this ballroom dance program have to be a competition? Wouldn't it be just as good if it culminated in a citywide dance festival? Think about these things when you watch the losers' reactions.