Parent reviews for Mad Max

Mad Max Poster Image

Mad Max is a lot of violence and crashes

Mad Max is a film that relishes in its explosions and in both austerity/minimalism and in being over the top. The film is able to grasp all of these concepts at once. The film implies a lot of horrendous violence although does not necessarily show a lot of the violence. But the implications make a strong impression. There is also a lot of tension as we move through and identify with Gibson's character. The speed, the crashing, the chaos, and the empty shell that Gibson's character becomes stays with the viewer.

The best action film

This is an awesome series that you should watch. Yes it has sone themes but if you have seen any slasher film or any R rated action film you should be fine

Impressive what was accomplished with their budget. This is how Mel Gibson became famous.

Great movie appropriate for kids

Mad Max is ok for mature kids. It's violence is not that bad despite what other parents think this post apocalyptic movie has positive role models such as max himself. Overall this movie is ok for mature children.

Not deserving of R rating (Star Wars-like violence)

This is a checklist of things your child should be/have done to be (in my opinion) ready for this movie. He/She should: -Understand that killing people is bad -Have seen violence on the level of Avengers or Star Wars -Know what sex is. -Not be scared of people breaking windows or screaming. OR be over 13. I recommend regardless that a parent make sure before and after the movie that the child was OK with what he/she saw and doesn't question the morality of the events in the movie. In fact, I doubt any of the other reviewers actually saw this movie.

Why Would You Want Your Kids to See This Anyway?

The R rating says Restricted Under 17 Unless Accompanied by a guardian. This film is not appropriate for children. I'm sorry, it's just not. They won't like it (unless they're terribly mature for their age) and there's just too much foulness and intensity on display for them to handle. It wasn't made for kids, so don't bother trying to decide whether or not to show them this film. Just don't. It's rated R for a reason. I like this movie a lot, but would never recommend it or try to rationalize how the content in it isn't "that bad" so I can show it to my kids. Stop comparing this to Apocolypto and Saving Private Ryan and just admit that kids shouldn't be exposed to this kind of violence!