Kid reviews for Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

Fun sequel has some romance, peril, adult humor.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySapphire Fire September 26, 2009

Kid's Movie? Give me a Break!

It's so dissapointing when hollywood puts disturbing adult jokes in a cartoon! Don't watch this movie at all. It is brimming with adult humor from the time it starts to the last scene. Profanities include openly gay moneys, hippos who value each other only for their bodies, shallowness in friendship, weak male-characteration, and ect. What a waste! It is a really disturbing movie- don't waste your time!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

So-so sequel...

I see this sequel probably wasn't good for critics and moviegoers who liked the first one, but in my opinion, it wasn't bad. The character personalities and animation were lacking and could've used more work, but other than that it's fine.

Kid, 6 years old December 7, 2012

Mad at Madagascar 2

I think it is really kind of scary, because lots the characters are using words that can hurt other people's feelings. Also, some of the animals are getting killed. I don't think it was as good as the first one. The second one is really scary and sad and the first on was funny and happy.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2011

Greatest movie ever!

Finally, The best movie in the whole wide world now has a sequal! I love Madagascar and this one is a little bit better than the first one.

Educational Value
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2012

MADAGASCAR 2

Second madagascar is funnier and more intense

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 14, 2012

Just OK.

How did this one come out on top? I like the first Madagascar way better. Iffy content for kids.

Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2015

A fun kids movie with some crude humor

Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2012

For Kids of all Ages

This movie is great, I think it's for kids of all ages, also, they show the kids to stick together!

Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 28, 2012

2nd in unfunny series pushes the stupidity boundary

this was a very stupid movie. its suposed to be funny, but utterly fails at it. the jokes are annoying, the puns are pathetic, and its just overly not for laughaholics.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010
Another great Madagascar movie, very funny with Alex and Marty. This movie is about friendship and the difficulties and challenges friends have each day.

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

Moto Moto is the only sexual problem.

Teen, 16 years old Written byainsleyowens March 10, 2018

i hate this movie

it sucks

Kid, 8 years old June 28, 2015

Great pixar flick for kids+

My rating:G
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 16, 2012

Pixar-esque

The movie improved on the original, despite bringing in a predictable premise, somewhat resembling "The Lion King." I love those penguins, but King Julien's shtick gets pretty worn after a while. It had some great jokes for people of all ages, and if the writing was a little better, I'd say it was Pixar-worthy.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Not living up to the first

Not as great as it seems. The first was WAY better. For the age group they were shooting at the made it to sexy. Not good for kids 9 or under.

Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2011

Pause for 6 year olds...

I did hear some adult humor that younger kids or even tweens won't understand... That hippo was flirting with the other hippo I didn't really like... The first one was alot better and more appropriate to younger kids.

Kid, 9 years old June 10, 2011

The Funny Movie To Get You Cracking Up

IT IS A REALLY FUNNY MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sincerely, Atara Herrmann

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 31, 2011

Way better than the first, and the first wasn't that bad.

Hilarious and amusing, this movie is about the same four friends from the first Madagascar crashing into the lively lands of Africa. The team of animals are also joined by Prince Jullian and his right hand man and the penguins. Some sexual humor enters the world of Madagascar. Motto Motto likes to talk his girlfriend's body. When he first enters the movie, his butt is shown and a song about "big rear ends"( to put in a more civilized term) is playng. The female hippo shouts what the H*LL....O in another animals ear.

Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2011

IGN

Look up the review on IGN.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii November 14, 2010

A very funny movie

When I watched this movie with my nanny, she really liked it because it was so funny.