All teen and kid member reviews for Madagascar

Teen, 15 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 July 26, 2013

One of the WORST and most crude "kids" movies I have ever seen.

This movie is NOT a good movie! Lots of crude humor (potty humor, as my mom calls it). And the language has much to be improved. and at one point, one of the characters exclaims: Sugar honey iced tea... look at the first letter of each word put together... yeah, disgusting for a "family friendly" film. DO NOT let your young children see this. This isn't even appropriate for kids!
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

Watch out for language!!!!!!

You have to watch out for language. One character says "sugar iced tea", which is kid language for sh*t (as explain to me by a friend). The penguins say "Hoover dam" as an exclamation, which pretty much means dam*it. Mild things like "sucks" and "shut up" are also used.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe June 26, 2009

Really cute, but some iffy stuff.

This movie is a great family favorite..........just try to stop singing "move it, move it" after its over! I do have a couple problems with it, though. The first and main, is that there are a couple things, while not sexual, they made me cringe. (and I'm usually open-minded!) They are, in order of appearance: Gloria has seaweed, crabs, and a lobster stuck to her to look like a bathing suit, and says "okay boys, party's over", and when alex tries to get melman out of the box he's stuck in, he uses a long pole to ram him out, running straight at his behind. While this doesn't sound bad, trust me, it makes you cringe. There is also a lot of euphemisms, that will pass right over little kid's heads (only if they don't know any swear words) such as "hoover dam!" THere are even some blatant swears, such as he-- and dam-. Then finally, the worst part. In the middle to end of the movie, there is a montage to "what a wonderful world, where smal, cute animals are killed. The worst one is last, when, after being depressed, the animals come upon an ADORABLE baby duck. Your heart skips a beat on just how cute it is. And then, your hopes are dashed away because a shark comes up and violently eats it.This disturbed me SOOOO much when I first saw it....... And I was in the seventh grade!!!!!! Maybe it's just because I'm empathetic or something, but I hate this scene, and i never watch it.
Kid, 10 years old November 2, 2009

Watch out, things may slip out.

Madagascar is a great movie. It's all about zoo animals that escape because one of their friends wants to be in somewhere that has wide open spaces. It sounds good, but there is some bad language. In one part, Alex (lion) says "Sugar Honey Ice Tea" which stands for s**t. (Some kids won't notice that.) Some role models aren't good like the foosa that attack lemurs, and the lion is shot with tranquilizer darts. Finally, in one scene, an old lady kicks Alex and hits him with her handbag. It's a good film, but watch out for one use of bad language and bad role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynorth wind June 21, 2016
I like it, and my mother likes it to.
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2011

A great animated comedy will appeal to most kids and tweens!

Loved it! It was hilarious! Not a lot to worry about here. Some violence is put into the movie, but it is very mild. In one scene Gloria, the girl hippo, pretends to wear a bikini using sea creatures like starfish and crabs. Besides that, there is nothing to worry about. Families will love this!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymichaelmyers21 December 4, 2009

I recommend this movie for anyone 9 and up. BUT NO YOUNGER!

Awesome movie- perfect for kids 10 and up
Kid, 9 years old July 26, 2012

not that good

ice age is a LOTbetter
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2012

Madagascar

This heartwarming, funny story had some iffy stuff. Alex repeatedly tries to eat Marty and the Foosa threaten the lemurs. Some crude humor. A 'help' signal (ironically) turns into 'h***'. And Melman appears to be addicted to prescription drugs. This was good, but deserved to be PG.
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2011

C,mon people

I saw this movie and they weren't too scary,when Alex the lion attacks only Marty the Zebra is hurt but no blood is shown.C,mon people really.On the other hand it was a really great movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 17, 2009

Good.

When Marty blows out his birthday candles, he spits then bites into the cake. But I still like the film
Teen, 13 years old Written by.Picklecat. August 23, 2016

Quite Good

This film is quite good, but viewers must beware that there is some images, some not very positive. There is once scene of when Alex the lion starts to go "Savage" and starts to attack his friends. Another shows these lion-like mammals prowling on a bunch of lemurs. There is also language. When Alex starts chasing Marty on the shore, and seeing that Alex starts to get angry, Marty hollers " Oh sugar honey iced tea". Take the first letters of that sentence and well... And when Alex has sticks arranged and stuck in the ground, it spells "HELP". Soon the P falls and it turns to the "H word". And when Alex gets shot in the rear with a tranquilizer dart, his eyesight blurs and he gets "high" (as if on drugs) This film... All I can say is that it is for older viewers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLordDeadpool January 1, 2016

A fun movie with minor language

This movie was a big hit in my childhood. LOVED IT! But I must say, there is some concerns, like a hung skeleton said to be the only 'human' in the wild, and minor language, but young kids might not know about it: (The word "HELP" made in sticks looses the top of its "P", forming a new word. (Hell) And Marty the zebra yells "sugar honey iced tea". And I'll let you find what word it makes when you take the first letters of the phrase....) There is also minor violence in the movie, like an old lady relentlessly beating Alex the lion with her purse, though it is used as a joke, and even though the team absolutely destroys a group of fossa, but all the attacks are jokes and funny assaults. (There is also a segment with weird images flashing on the screen with the "Candyman" song in the distance, but little kids will not know that it is a joke about drugs and being high.)
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 December 21, 2015

Madagascar is not for little kids

i think madagascar is amazing but its not for little kids because marty spells the first 2 letters of a swear sweet sugar honey iced tea alex makes a help sign and the water takes the p away and it spells hell skipper says he killed and ate the cargo ship crews livers with that being said i dont reccomend madagascar for anyone under the age of 13
Kid, 8 years old June 28, 2015

Great pixar movie for kids+

My rating:G
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Film for all families

You can watch it with your kids, trust me!
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2015

A thing common sense left out

I love this movie. But common sense left out something in language. A sign the says help soon breaks down and becomes he*l
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Madagascar

You should watch this movie. It's funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLazyLizard2032 January 21, 2014

Madgascar Fun

Great Movie. It is a great choice for the humor as it is friendy for children. Some joke will go over there head but older kids 11+ will find humorus. Slight comic violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

Good movie

I like it, it's very funny. The show of it is pretty great too!