Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 3 parent reviews

Sort by:

Super cute

Honestly, it was the best family movie night we have watched in a while. It’s funny, and it’s entertaining. The magic tricks are awesome. Even after a couple of emotional moments, my seven-year-old son had a little tear at one moment so sweet.

Fun, Low Stress Family Fun

Magic Camp is a fun film for families with kids of just about any age. A typical "camp" movie about kids from different backgrounds coming together to compete in a magic show competition, the film threads several heart warming, if slightly predictable, story lines. Our family (kids 11 and 14) were engaged throughout and found many of the characters relatable and engaging. Highly recommended.

A little familiar

I think there are too many movies with this exact plot. It reminds me of Netflix’s ‘feel the beat’ mixed with school of rock Andy is given the newbie group to work with. A couple montages later they’re great magicians but, wait. Oh no! Andy can’t make it to his groups very important magic showcase. He also finds love along the way. Who would have guessed. I really enjoyed Adam Devine but the other characters seemed a little watered down. We never really got to know any of them. Except for Andy and Theo. This movie has good messages like always be yourself and do what you’re passionate about. So for that I give it props. 6/10 probably wouldn’t watch again.