Kid reviews for Malcolm & Marie

Malcolm & Marie Poster Image

Talky, convoluted drama has sexuality and very mature language

This complex, yet impressive drama has frequent profanity, some seductive behavior, and discussion of mature topics. It is really focused on the dialogue, which can feel quite problematic, especially that there are only two characters shown in the film, but the old-fashioned and compelling theme is what makes it an unforgettable modern classic.

Trash!

Zendaya was there! Her name should be Zen data! (I was typing Zendaya and it thought I was typing Zen data that’s how I came up with that lol).

Trash!

Great movie

I think that it has quite a lot of mature content however comprehensible for 14 year olds with wisdom and maturity.

Marriage Story but like... not good lol

If you're thinking about watching this, watch Marriage Story instead. The characters develop much cleaner in that, the acting is much better (although i do blame the director for Malcom and Marie's stale acting). It also has the same age range as this, with some mentions of sex (considering it's a movie about marriage). Marriage Story also has a much better message at the end, and leaves on a positive note. And if your kid is like 8, just show them the incredibles, because it kinda has the same themes, but dumbed down for children.

Pretty good

Great acting and cinematography. No nudity, lots of language, talk about sex, passionate kissing. It sounds pretty bad, but I'm sure if you have a mature tween or a teenager, they can handle it fine.

Powerful Movie

This movie is nothing less than perfect. The two stars are perfect for their roles and they both give equally amazing performances. As far as swearing and sex, there is, indeed, a lot of it. However, if you can look past those two things, you will find a masterpiece.

Mature

This movie is for mature people only. It is intellectually challenging and honest, giving us an insight into the life of a young woman recovering from drug addiction, and struggling from mental health. The male lead is portrayed as a needy, protective, smart yet conceit towards his work. I found as a 15 year old it was astonishing. I loved to see the strange bond in their relationship, how they were able to host many individual fights in one night. The language is strong natured but is highly affective to the audience. I recommend to all viewers 14+ that are intelligent, if not due to the strong language, drugs, nudity and positive message I would recommend to 16+

Moving but Mature Movie

I am going to start this with how amazing of a movie Malcom and Marie is. It touches on so many brilliant themes such as gratitude, toxic relationships, conflict resolution, racism, addiction, sexualization, and dealing with criticism. It made me cry and defiantly gives the audience a lot to think about with their own life, especially when you connect with the characters. That being said, it is for mature audiences and I think only about 16 years old and older would be able to understand the positive messages presented. It highlights swearing, drinking, smoking, sex, and mocking white reporters and white people in the movie industry in general. The whole movie demonstrates an unhealthy way to fight, but the right audience can see where both characters perspectives are coming from and learn from it. The sexual scenes include Malcom kissing Maries legs and then proceeding to bite her under her dress. Marie is verbally abused while sitting in a bath tub but nothing is shown. Marie wears a white shirt with her nipples showing through a little bit in the second half, along with white underpants. They are shown initiating sex a couple of times, not too graphic, with one part showing Marie initiate oral sex (with clothing still on).