Kid reviews for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Powerful queens go to war in intense, dark fantasy sequel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMemes101 November 19, 2019

Great

Nothing inappropriate. A little dramatic but still good

Teen, 13 years old Written byFortnitequeen247 October 26, 2019

OMG

If you haven't seen it. Go do so now! It is the best movie I've seen so far. Better than the first one. Elle fanning is in it. She looks so pretty in the movie. Ok nice talk.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJjta78283 October 22, 2019

LOVE the plot

It was different from all the movies Disney has been making lately and I love how Aurora was super strong in the movie and fought for herself. It has an important message that family is everything!

Teen, 14 years old Written byfat boi October 19, 2019

I’m Fat Boi and this is my review.

There was quite a bit of fighting, and many not well know characters died. A few well known ones also died. Overall I think that this movie should be okay for kids who don’t get too upset over death.

Teen, 14 years old Written byalwaysreviews January 26, 2020

Entertaining but forgettable

I really enjoyed the first maleficent movie, but I was unsure with the concept of a sequel. The entire point of the first film was to be a reimagining of the original sleeping beauty animated film, a concept that worked for me. But a sequel? What else could they do with this? Much like a lot of other sequels released last the answer is not much. Whilst it may be another cash grab from Disney, I still felt like this sequel/remake was infused with much more originality than any other Disney live action released last year. I’d much prefer them make films like this over lifeless rehashes of beloved animated films. But alas that is not to be.
The visuals in this film really took my breath always, the sweeping shots of this bright and broad fantasy land made me immersed in the world. Angelina Jolie and Michelle Pfeiffer where both great in this movie, and standouts. Also, i swear sonic the hedgehog was in this movie there was a little creature that looked exactly like him. The writing was not so good, and the ending didn’t really make too much sense, but the movie was generally harmless way to pass time. Doesn’t save it from being forgettable though.

Teen, 15 years old Written byExtremedancer January 20, 2020

Very predictable

It had a great show but some scenes were graphic and kids were scared. Also I could predict every single thing that was going to happen which made the movie boring.

Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2019

I retelling of a famous fairytale with a dark twist

The movie maleficent is a retelling of sleeping beauty
From the witches point of View Most of the movies family friendly there are some violent and scary scenes through the movie No one under the age of 10 should watch it

Kid, 9 years old November 15, 2019

Excellent!

Teen, 17 years old Written byTommyReviews November 12, 2019

Great Movie

Great movie to watch with your family. Very well done. No sexual content at all. As well as no swearing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIlikemoviesandgames November 10, 2019

Sorta disappointed

First 1 was way better. When I went to the theaters to watch it the people behind us were just annoying. Idk if that's the reason I thought it sucked but the movie was also weird since all these new maleficent creatures where in it and now the prince wants wants to marry Aurora when they barely know eachother.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKshitiz November 2, 2019

Very good

Good

Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2019

good movie

Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2019

Amazing

Me and my 8 year old brother saw this and Usually he HATES Disney movies but he loved it!
He said it was the best movie he’s seen in his life
Now he’s obsessed with Maleficent

Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2019

Thrilling and emotional!

The movie had a gripping story! Through it, Maleficent had a journey of discovering who she really was and the power she held inside of her. It also showed the love between her and Aurora could never be broken and even through the many deaths their love just grew deeper. Love and peace were the heroes in this movie, it brought the kingdoms together despite the war that corrupted their lands. A happy yet heart-breaking storyline!

Teen, 16 years old Written byGalaxy03 October 24, 2019

Not a good remake.

I’m sorry, but I didn’t like this movie! It was just depressing and they made the fairies and Aurora dumb in this movie. I haven’t seen the first one, but it looks equally bad.

It felt like your typical remake with unrealistic scenery and features characters that are unlike their original counterparts. The original Sleeping Beauty was a lot better.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJazzyjamjayjay October 24, 2019

Dark Fantasy movie not for YOUNG KIDS!!!

This movie is not for young kids, it has dark frightening scenes that may contain scary stuff for young kids. It would be best left to older kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byMPaden1 October 22, 2019

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

So, I haven't watched this movie yet, but I'm going to watch it soon. I just want to say that this is going to be a great movie comparing to the original and the other live action movie. In general, I think that Disney is a very good movie production place. I am so excited to see it and I hope you are too!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoel_5762 October 19, 2019

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil | Film Review

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is a darker, thrilling sequel to the 2014 film. Angelina Jolie once again does an amazing job as the villainous yet charming Maleficent. The pace of the film is even all the way throughout and the time passes quite quickly. There are great messages of love, family and not judging a book by its cover. Michelle Pfeiffer's Queen Ingrith is quite villainous and does some despicable things. That leads me into one of the downfalls of the movie. Ingrith arguably (at times) gets more of a focus than Maleficent and Aurora. This leads into her demise which for me was childish and anticlimactic to her character arc. It may be a Disney film, but the first one didn't mind killing off the villain, so why not transfer that to this film. Some scenes may be dark for younger kids but this film is aimed at older kids/teens. In conclusion, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is a really enjoyable fantasy film and a definite watch if you enjoyed the first one.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRama7799 October 19, 2019

an amazing movie

it is an amazing way to show that all the people are the same and there are many bad people in life that will hurt you and the people that you love.

Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2019

Dark scary but god fun and ok

As an 11 year old I know history this has concentration camps, brutal deaths and thanos dust? Not going to spoil but it was scary and dark and brutal so yah not like the first one but this is only my rateing but there is good role models. And it is ok but some images are scary