All parent member reviews for Man on Fire

Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written bywinnielake January 8, 2011

Man on Fire was a very good movie although I would not recommend it as one to watch with your younger kids.It was based on true events which happened in the seventies in Italy.Names were changed and the locations also but it does give one much to think about.
Adult Written byQ81 August 18, 2011

Don't miss the forest because of the trees.

This is another movie that I am very disappointed in how CSM rated it. There is little question that they are right that it is NOT for kids, however, it is a very good movie about love and a call for justice. Granted the methods that the main character uses to display that love in seeking justice are questionable, but sometimes justice comes in ugly packages. The movie is based upon the business of kidnapping in Mexico. It is a horrible business that is paid up with the right people, and as a result justice is nowhere to be found. At the very least the movie accomplishes at least one honorable thing in it's graphic portrayal, it brings attention to the real life injustice that exists. (SPOILER ALERT) (Furthermore, the movie has a lot to say about self sacrifice. The Bible itself says that greater love has no man but this, that a man lays down his life for his friends. (John 15:13) Which is exactly what the main character ultimately does.) Many people will say that revenge is a big part of what this movie displays, and I can concede that there are elements of it there, but don 't forget the elements of justice and more importantly love which I think are the true messages of Man On Fire.
Adult Written bySweetMusic April 9, 2008

Partly depressive & brutal, but one of the best movies I've ever seen

GREAT !!! I love Denzel Washington & Tony Scott (Dream Team) ! First hour of the movie seems very melancholic but if you see it all than it unfolds all its beauty. Great shots and camera movements. Like the pace of the movie in the end. Must see for pepole who liked "Enemy of the state", "Spygame" or "Déja Vu" ! But nothing 4 kids: 16+
Adult Written by4Spice December 12, 2009

good movie 15 and over

this a very good action movie lots of killing a torture 15 and over if you can stand some gore
Adult Written bydonaas April 9, 2008

Action packed adult film. Definitely not for young audience

Action packed adult film. Definitely not for young audience
Adult Written bysupersoniq7 April 9, 2008

A great hi-quality movie and storyline

It's not everyday you see a movie as good as this. Man of Fire had so much depth to it and was not predictable by any means. There was nothing boring throughout the whole movie. The acting was exceptional as well as the directing of the film. This is definitely not for children as it is very explicit with the violence. As for adults, do not miss out.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Adult Written byEmersonEmerald April 9, 2008

A real situation!

I will tell you when Denzel Washington brings it HE BRINGS IT! I have seen Denzel Washington in so many things and he brings such a sincerity to the movie. It's real when he does it. I love the whole cast and they did a great job! The movie is a real situation that occurs in some countries that have little or no means. I have heard from friends in South America and Central America that life is so poor and it is very hard to earn a good living unless you are a doctor, etc. Most of the time not having means to support a family can drive some to a demanding state. I think it just shows us how much we could be doing to help other countries instead of putting it in our pockets. This movie portrays a reality that actually takes place and Creasy just took care of the situation to the best of his ability. Yes it is violent, but that is how it gets. I think the high authorities in some other countries need to start taking better care of their people.
Adult Written byuytt2 April 12, 2010

this movie is dark and pretty violent but if you can withstand some gore you will love this movie. the dialoge is a bit clunky but you will be so sucked in emotionaly to even notice. eventhough its sort of predictable since it was based on a true story its still an awsome movie
Adult Written byjvkajun1 April 9, 2008

Inspiring

This is a good movie. Tells a true story which is almost always better than fiction. I am sure the director/producer took some artistic license but who cares. Basic story is intact. Definite thriller and real life movie. Inspiring and pleasant to watch. Could have done without some of the sexual references and such, but worth seeing. You will know what I mean. It doesn't glorify suicide like one reviewer said, I saw it twice and didn't come away with that idea.
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Horrible waste of time!

Awful, violent, pointless, graphic, depressing... what else to say. VERY disappointing and a waste of time and money. Don't bother!