Kid reviews for Mansfield Park

Wonderful book adaptation with strong female protagonist.

Teen, 14 years old Written byethvxnn September 27, 2019

Good movie, quite graphic.

This is an overall good movie, yet some parts are sexual and violent to slaves. If you’re under 13 or faint-hearted, I wouldn’t watch this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycocobunny4 April 27, 2019

Pretty good, slightly inappropriate

Mansfield Park was a good movie, not amazing, but a fun watch. Fanny, the main character, was a REALLY GOOD representation of a strong female protagonist in the 1800s. The inappropriate scenes are a sex scene and some drawings of slaves getting abused. Now I didn’t watch the scene with the drawings, because my parent said it was not appropriate, so I can’t say anything about that one, but the sex scene I did see. It was pretty revealing, and not something I wish I’d seen, but it wasn’t worthy of a 18+ rating. But these two scenes are in about a 5 minute span, so you could easily skip over this. Overall, it was a good movie, not as good as Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility, but pretty good for ages 13+.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySellyocouch August 5, 2018

Inappropriate!!

No no no do NOT watch this absolutely disgusting movie was watching it with a younger child and they were shocked and scared

Teen, 17 years old Written bymc19 December 5, 2017

Great, but only for older kids and not for sensitive people!

Great movie except for a few very sensual scenes, some uncomfortable leering and innuendo from an older guy, racism from the same guy, and a slow flip through an extremely graphic and disturbing sketchbook. I have a strong stomach but the sketchbook scene might give me some nightmares. It's not gory, but it portrays awful violence against slaves. I still enjoy it for Fanny, who is a great character, but I wouldn't show it to anyone much younger than myself, and definitely not a 13 year old!

Teen, 14 years old Written byThePro27 June 15, 2016

For the Story

The sex scene is quite graphic as well as the drawings in the sketch book. But both aren't there for the sake of it, they both have consequences and drive the story forward.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPoppy.bath February 13, 2016

good lord!!

found this on tv one night and started watching with my sister and dad, when it came to the part with the note book of slave rape stuff we all looked at each other rather shocked and disgusted, nevertheless we kept watching till the sex scene, at which I was so shocked and upset! common sense media has really let me down this time, bare breasts and all the drawings in the notebook! we just turned it off and were all so shocked!!! it was awful! don't watch and definitely NOT for kids!!

Teen, 15 years old Written bysmileyfacelover September 18, 2010
I love this movie!!!! The only part is the scene when the dude is sick. There is a book of drawings that have some sexual and violence towards slaves and it's disturbing. Other than that, amazing!!

Teen, 15 years old Written bySunderkind April 9, 2008