Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Mars Attacks!

Alien-invasion satire for older tweens and up.

Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009
Not suitable for under 15s, really. It's violent and too scary.

Adult Written byAnnoyedteenguy April 18, 2010

Great Classic Sci-fi comedy

This is THE movie. The first time my parents had it on, I wanted to flee the room because i had a friend over for the night. Now, it is the funniest Alien comedy ive seen. There is violence, language, smoking, and some sexual stuff but any kid 10 and up could watch this because they will be laughing more than they will be screaming.
Adult Written byJaycee153 March 28, 2013

12 and over....but save your time.

There is a part at the very end, where characters are having sex, bare backs and shoulders, very obvious what is going on.
Adult Written bygraveling April 30, 2014

nothing too bad

contains some strong launguage moderate violence and moderate sex references-12-

Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

Mars Attacks!

A classic comedy that the family will laugh and enjoy. The graphics arnt 2010, but its highly entertaining none the less.
Adult Written bymailalon February 25, 2017

Parent Written byBalcells November 26, 2014

Kids didn't like it

Very few laughs. Tries to be clever but fails. Don't waste your time. Not sure how this got 4 stars
Adult Written byRarityfan October 13, 2018

Ack!

Suitable for teens and adults that collects old b movies on VHS. Can be gory for some, and since this is an Tim Burton movie not for every taste. Nice for a viewing on Halloween with silly space comedies.

Parent of a 13 year old Written bymickeym_k January 23, 2010

Just plain bad.

I love a good movie. I enjoy the entire experience. But, I HATE THIS MOVIE. Beside the fact that it is very violent, it is just a bad movie. The story is awful and the humor is childish. This is the only movie I have ever walked out on.