Kid reviews for Mary Poppins Returns

Blunt is a delight in sweet, nostalgic, toe-tapping sequel.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySlytherin Queen December 21, 2018

Amazing! Better than the original, in my opinion

This movie was incredible. I would even go as far as to say it was better than the original Mary Poppins. I am a musical theater nerd and performer, and I thought this movie was stupendous. There are a bunch of new and catchy songs and Lin-Manuel Miranda and Emily Blunt did amazing as the stars in the show. Everything was executed perfectly.
It is supposed to be set 20ish years after the end of the first Mary Poppins. The story follows Michael Bank's children.
It is amazing with catchy songs, great actors and new (and old) faces. There is no swearing and no violence. It is a breath of fresh air compared to all the movies out lately with a bunch of swearing and bombs going off, etc...
Overall, if you haven't seen this movie, I recommend going to your nearest theater and buying tickets straight away!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySmartmovienerd June 3, 2019

What did I waste 10 dollars on

This movie was the worst sequel experience I’ve ever had. The sequel,story,dialogue and characters felt rushed. Didn’t capture the feeling of the original
Teen, 14 years old Written byLazy111 August 19, 2019

It was a remake. Not a part 2

Going into this movie I was assuming it would be a part 2, because it is titled “Mary Poppins Returns” and one of the parent was Michel Banks. Yet it was a remake of the original. The movie has the exact same plot as the original and there was no creativity at all. The movie still is good for younger viewers that haven’t seen the original. I was honestly disappointed even though this was an amazing movie that had great songs and animation.

Teen, 15 years old Written byShowman movie13 April 14, 2019

Boring and no fun in this movie.

I saw this movie at the theatre and it was boring! The songs were awful. It seemed prolonged and hard to see the main plot(well for me). No scariness and mild fantasy. Kids may enjoy this movie,but it isn't the best movie to see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmmy23 January 3, 2019

Beautiful Remake of a Timeless Classic!

Our family recently saw this masterful movie, and loved it. The musical numbers are amazing - the choreography and voices were marvelous. The story was touching and told of the value of family. The eternal magic of Mary Poppins will leave a mark with children and children at heart. The cast was also wonderfully chosen (I am a huge fan of Lin-Manuel Miranda, and he did an awesome job). However, I would recommend having all members of the family watch the original Mary Poppins before seeing this movie, as it makes a lot more sense when you know the storyline behind it. Overall, a piece of art done in classic Disney style!

Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2020
Kid, 7 years old April 8, 2020

Goodyt

Goodyt

Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2020

So... pretty good?

It was a great sequel; I'll start it off with that. I kinda only watched it because it had Lin-Muandal Miranda in it though ;). It was simple and kid-ish like all Mary Poppins books, but a bit different. Enjoyable, but sometimes a bit long. I recommend it but don't get your hopes up; it wasn't especially empowering and is very much fantasy.
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2020

not as charming as original movie

the only time Mary Poppins smiles is when she looks in the mirror to see herself and she is not as warm or as charming as the original.

Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2020

Good, but long

It’s a good movie with a good message.. it’s just really long. Also, it’s the kind of movie you only want to see once. Afterwards it just gets boring.
Pros- it’s still a SUPER good movie! The actors are great, I love the style. It seems old, but it’s still modern. I would recommend seeing it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviemaster1104 November 18, 2019
I love this movie! It's just as great as the first one! This movie is for kids 6 and older, even though my 4-year old cousin saw it before, it's meant for kids 6+. My dad thought it was just okay, and my aunt didn't like it, but they're just a tough crowd when it comes to certain movies, I thought this movie was brilliant!
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2019

Not what I was expecting...in a good way

This movie is, of course, a classic. It's brought joy to our childhoods with its beautiful story line and great foliage backgrounds. At some parts, I did find myself bored, but my spirits would as soon as I heard the gorgeous voice singing spectacular songs. Take your time to watch this amazing movie because, at last, it's Mary Poppins.

Teen, 17 years old Written byChris_Feher July 24, 2019

Great For Kids

This is a fun, toe-tapping movie for kids and fans of the original Mary Poppins movie. There isn't anything that parents should concerned about which leaves them time to sing along with their kids. The only thing is that it does seem to run a bit longer then necessary. But other than that, a fun, musical time for the whole family to enjoy.

Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2019

Fantasy in London

This movie is very magical: flying with an umbrella ... I like the way that Bert ( the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins ) is the banker in Mary Poppins returns. I also love all the songs, that I don' t have a favourite. The movie is excellent.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysilvershadow523 June 10, 2019
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2019

great for the hole family

This is amazing and everyone in your family should see it

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpottedTurtle March 30, 2019

Teen, 13 years old Written byJPoop March 24, 2019

Awesome possum!!! A must watch!!!

Edit: There is only one scene with a joke people might thing is inappropriate. it's not though.
Amazing! Great for all ages depending on the parent/child. There is some sex jokes but they are not obvious and the actress even changes her ascent so you cannot understand her. Great message on imagination! You must watch it!

Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2019

Good Movie

This movie is adventurous but at times in the movie it’s just like com on. This movie dosn’t have a very exciting plot but it’s fine.

Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2019

Mary Poppins is back!

I thought this was a great movie. I had a great time for me I thought it was a little young but a great story. There was a lot of great actors like Meryl Streep. One thing that was different from the first one is Mary Poppins has some sassy lines in a fun way. But the end was a fun great happy ending.