All teen and kid member reviews for Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Teen, 13 years old Written byJaneEyre<3 August 30, 2011

okayyyyy.....

i saw this when i was 12 and we skipped the amputation part. but this is an amazing movie and i love aubrey and stephen. and all the other crew. but i don't get it. why the heck would sexual content be an issue??? there is one part with native girls that maybe lasts for 2 min.(???) but it's a great movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byamazing grace April 9, 2008

A must for those pirate loving fans!

Ok. It really isn't "pirate" it is more like swash-buckling-England's-best-navy-feel-good-about-your-life-movie. Very accurate and a true look on life on an English Navy Vessle during the Napolean Wars. I like England. Go England!
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2013

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Very amazing movie. I love Russell Crowe's movies! This is a great movie. A grand epic of a film, it teaches some valuable life lessons and has stunning scenes. There is one surgery scene that is a little disturbing, however it doesn't show too many gory details. There are loud cannon blasts that may frighten young children, and there is a little drinking and some mild language. But, it is a good movie featuring Russell Crowe, and there are some positive role models throughout. Watch first before showing child. Definitely recommend.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 December 11, 2011

Phenomenal, but NOT deserving of a PG-13.

My rating: R for violence including bloody images depicting surgery. Violence: 4/5 - Very violent. A few scenes have heavy battle. Two scenes of surgery, too: one runs for about three minutes and shows a boy getting his arm amputated; another runs for about five minutes and shows a man getting a wound cleaned out. Both involve lots of blood and painful screaming.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiamJMAN00793 August 6, 2010

A great nautical movie!

Master and Commander was an excellent movie with a compelling story and some great actions scenes. During the battle scenes blood is visible and one character commits suicide by grabbing a cannonball and jumping off the ship. As far as language I only heard one use of the F-word and about half a dozen uses of d***. There are a couple mildly suggestive comments made, but nothing really bad. I have only watched the movie once so I might have missed some stuff. This is defiantly a must see for fans of naval warfare.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypoprincess711 August 22, 2009

Great Movie!

I love this movie. I own it! The only problem I have with the rating is language. They do use the word f*ck once! Some big battle scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byww2lover February 24, 2009

great movie

awesome!!! an amazingly realistic british navy film. The last scene is a bit violent for a PG-13 movie, but still, great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

another russel crowe hit!!!

ok mayb im a bit biased here cuz russel crowe is one of my fav actors...but this wuz still a great movie!!! i could totally relate to lucky jack lol the determination he should it was amazing!!! awesum scenes and story and pretty clean!!! i loved it that there was no romance cuz i hate romance...and this movie was great!
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

A VERY gppd movie for adults

Master and Commander is a GREAT movie. My dad absilotly LOVES IT! Thats why I gave it a 5 star. But kids under 6 maybe can't watch it.

very well-done adventure for older kids

This looks and feels like a movie by Mel Gibson or Peter Jackson; its very well done. And the battles are almost unberably exciting; i felt like i was right in it! I highly reccomend watching it with a mature kid 11+ because the battles are bloody and intense, and there is one f-word (which is impossible to notice unless you are using subtitles, wich i would also recomend because its hard to tell wat there saying sometimes.) "Two Thumbs Way Up!"