Parent reviews for Match Point

Woody Allen film has adult themes, not for kids.

Adult Written byGuilherme Z. May 23, 2018

Best I've seen from Woody Allen

To me this is the best Woody Allen movie I've seen (seen about 15 by now), and I don't get why it is not always ranked amongst the top 5 on Woody Allen's lists on the internet. This is Dostoievsky with alternative ending. Very thoughtful.

Adult Written bycharlotte m. December 3, 2016

Great movie but the ending is a disappointment.

The movie has a great twist and really sucks you into the whole plot of the whole movie. But then it ends in a very disappointing way.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written bycolten97 October 10, 2012

Masterpiece

I was lucky enough to see this film at the Cannes Film Festival recently where it screened out of competition. Being a Woody Allen fan, I was just hoping the film would be OK and not a disaster like some of his most recent films. Boy, was I surprised! MATCH POINT is easily his best film since CRIMES AND MISDEMEANOURS and once of his best ever. In his first foray out of Manhattan and into London, you would have thought he had lived there all his life. This film is a masterpiece and is a sure bet to win critical acclaim and many awards. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a revelation and finally lands a role of a lifetime as a young man who enters the world of the wealthy elite and would do anything to stay there. Scarlett Johansson has never looked as sultry and sexy as she does here playing the cool femme fatale. The film is beautifully structured and the performances by all and sundry are exemplary. Emily Mortimer and Brian Cox stand out among the supporting cast. The film has so many layers and so many unexpected twists that this is obviously the work of a genius director in full flight.

What can I say. The best way to see this film is without knowing too much about it as I did and you will come away from it declaring that Woody Allen is still alive and kicking and still able to make a masterpiece even after all these years.

Adult Written bymoviemadness July 18, 2011

Great Social Commentary for Older Teens

I'm surprised that CSM rated this one so poorly! Match Point provides a fantastic social commentary about class and nationality. It delves into the fabric of relationships. For the mature viewer, there is really a lot to be gained. Maturity really is key, here. The complexity of themes and relationships is best suited for an older audience. Content wise, the sexual content, violence, and profanity just aren't suitable for younger teens.

Parent of a 3 and 5-year-old Written byANewell23 December 9, 2010
Hate it, horrible role models, terrible for young children. Suggestive actions. Keep your children away till the age you think is appropriate

Parent of a 3 and 14-year-old Written byVAstuart22 December 9, 2010

Match point

It was ok, the guy was a total ass. Funny quotes but sexual in nature. Good storyline, very different, kind of boring though. I wouldnt recomend it, But watch it if your in to soap operas.

Adult Written byfastripe April 9, 2008

Not a movie for children.

Wonderful movie, but not for children. Watch this after the kids go to bed. Violance, sex, and adultry.
Adult Written bykpeffley April 9, 2008

Perfect tragedy

This is a great movie, and definitely an adult movie, but I don't think kids will even bother. It's very slow moving. I nearly walked out--until it all came together 2/3's of the way through, like a Greek tragedy where you could see everthing that had come to pass set up the horrible ending. This is Allen's genius at work. A great look at the complexities of the human mind.
Adult Written byantidonnie2000 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFakeAdult April 9, 2008

A must-watch

Wonderful movie. Watch it.

There isn't any violence, and the sex is a frequent theme but never too explicit, and no nudity is shown. If you think that your kids are mature enough, watch it.