Kid reviews for Material Girls

A brain-numbing, fluffy flick for tweens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl May 13, 2011

So in appropriate

Teen, 14 years old Written bykarabeth13 April 9, 2008
It was a geat movie but I would not say it my faviort movie. It was ok but I sill like it. It was fine. It not the moive I was hoping to see but I sill like. It was fine. It was not my faviort movie I would stay. It was ok. I have to give to a 8 because it had bad stuff like smoing and bad woud. I sold it with my mom and she din't like it as much. It was diffent but I will say it was ok and fine
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 June 20, 2009

Good film for Hillary and Hailey Duff

This movie looks stupid on the cover, but is actually very funny! One of Hillary Duffs better films!
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2009

this rockz

I luv this movie everyone should see it!!!! it rockz

Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2014

material maybe

good movie but if you think ur child doesn't or wouldn't understand the point of the movie
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2014

Ok 4 Tweens but a bit boring

I found this on Netflix and gave it a go, it was a bit nothingy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byH&H April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byDancer2257 December 11, 2011

Great Movie for Kids 7 and Up!

This was one of my all time favorite movies! The movie is funny, exciting, and exhilarating! There, was one part at the beginning of the movie where one of the girls set the house on fire because of the cigarette, but that is how the movie starts off by telling you their adventure trying to find a new home again. Also, a lot of consumerism because of all the shopping. Overall, a great movie worth seeing!

Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2009
i liked it. hilarys a better singer than actress. and her sister haelie is a better acttress.

Teen, 14 years old Written byQTSftbchick April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2010

Not The Best

i saw this movie @ a birthday party and some younger siblings were there and they watched the movie. the birthday girls mother is always protective and she didn't let her child see alice in wonderland!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byIloveGod January 14, 2010

12+ no younger.

I did love this movie but i wish they would have left out the profanity. Just take that out and it would have been fine. Yes, its putting emphasis on worldly things, not eternal, good things that are pleasing to God, but in the end they learn a lesson and I think overall its a good show.

Teen, 13 years old Written byteen1237948 December 3, 2017

Things I don't agree with

I honestly don't like some of the things that they say. The movie overall was interesting and funny throughout.

This movie IS NOT for tweens, it's for adults... I kid you not!

I once was dragged to a theatre to see this. Would've rather saw a horror movie, but it was a birthday party so you get the idea. These girls dress like they're at a nightclub rather than at work. I don't find them good rolemodels-- they're not strong individuals (they're 'material girls' as the title explains) and they're rude. At the end, Ava lights a house on fire. I cannot remember exactly why, but lots of (dumb) girls admire Hilary Duff and think everything she does is perfect, so I guess firefighters had better be prepared for a tough year. I added two stars to what would've been a zero star review because it was a short, short movie and for a few minutes the plot entertained me-- yeah, that didn't last for long!!! If you want a real movie, watch The Naked Brothers Band. You'll thank me for that.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymaygen1441 April 9, 2008

HIlary Duff's Worst

This movie was pathetically thrown together. It didn't make any sense and had a really bad plot. I think Hilary Duff has lost all respect for a actress.

Materialistic and dumb

From the moment this movie kicks off with Madonna's hit song "Material Girls"(this time sung by Hilary and Haylie Duff), you know you're in for a long two hours. You can tell almost immediately that these two girls are poor actresses (as well as singers) and have a very big interest in fashion and material items to go along with it. The plot is a bit interesting at first, but the writers of the movie dragged it so far beyond the end line that you want to just get out of your seat and leave on the spot. Along the way, you find it annoying that all the girls can think about is holding on to their rich lives when they're dead broke and don't have place of their own to live (they're living off thier too generous house keeper-who quit after they lost all thier money-and not giving her so much as a thank you). You also see them talking on their cell phones through most of the movie. Hmmm...funny how they can't afford food but they can afford a $200 cell phone bill. Looks like someone needs to get their priorities in order. This movie has very bad messages for girls (if the title didn't present a bad enough one by itself). In the end, they get back their glamorous life style but they're both "changed people" and have learned to appreciate thier money now that they've seen how the other half lives. Someone in Hollywood, please come up with some new plot material.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCinematic Blues April 9, 2008

Not Hilary's Best But......

Material Girls is a cute movie. I couldn't necessarily say this would be an Academy Award winner, but it is enjoyable to watch and there really isn't anthing inappropriate about it. 4 out of 5 stars.