Kid reviews for Maverick

Maverick Poster Image

'90s Western offers a few laughs and so-so adventure.

7/10

Very Entertaining and Funny movie for a family

Great Funny Movie for the entire family about a guy trying to get to a poker tournament and a woman who will do anything to stop him to secure the victory for herself; but he still wins in the end. Very mild profanity and next to no violence. I don't think that someone under 8 would understand the story though.

An Okay Gunslinger Adventure

I thought this movie was alright. There were some parts that were pretty funny, and that's kind of it. There was a ton of swearing, but the violence wasn't too bad. According to the official review, there is one scene that shows an unmarried couple in bed, but I missed that part because I needed to go to the bathroom. When I came out, all I saw was the leading lady coming out of Maverick's room wearing nothing but a towel. That made it pretty obvious what happened. Honestly, I don't plan on watching it again.

Great fun for families!

This film adaptation of the classic western television show has it all: humor, action, great acting with good characters, and funny writing. The casting is perfection! Jodie Foster, Mel Gibson, and James garner all nail their roles and bring them to life, and they're just fun to watch! Content wise, the movie has minimal/comical gun violence, and sex is restricted to some flirting and scene where is implied a couple has sex. Language includes infrequent use of s**t, d**n, and h**l. Great for families with kids 10+!