All teen and kid member reviews for Mean Girls 2

Teen, 14 years old Written byemkat97 April 3, 2011

No. God no. This is so bad.

If you liked the first one, you will HATE HATE HATE (I repeat, HATE) this one. It's not funny. The cattiness is annoying and stupid. The plot is pointless. Very predictable. The list goes on and on. If you actually like this movie, you most likely haven't seen the original. Disney, leave the good movies alone and remake crappy ones. Deal?
Teen, 13 years old Written bylisa.beth.rose June 29, 2011

STAY AWAY.

Mean girls 2-- AKA Tina Fey's best movie destroyed. It follows a couple of stick figure girls and their quest to be popular. The main character is actually more annoying and nasty then the mean girls in the film who dress like 5 year old Sunday School goers. The original Mean Girls were witty and fun to watch torture people. They were an exaggerated real portrayel of the girls we hated in Junior high and High school! This movie had some no-no words but that didn't stop it from being Disney channel trash. It just oozed the feeling I was watching an episode of Hannah Montana. Jokes sucked, the acting sucked worse no memorable lines. Oh lord. And the main character for some reason is worshiped because she is a virgin. Who cares? Just...just don't.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN February 7, 2011

Good movie, kids need to know how to discern from right and wrong though.

I thought this movie was entertaining and hilarious! Though still not as good as the original Mean Girls, it has its charms. There were a few teens kissing (or making out depending on what you consider making out). Sure the acting was kinda bad, but I thought it was still pretty funny. Not the funniest I've seen, but still... A lot of language was used: b---- and a-- were the main ones, d--- was used frequently as well. I can't really say that the so-named "hero" was a good role model. Just because of her frequent language and poor choices. You need to be able to establish what's right from what's wrong if you plan on watching this movie, and also being able to understand why it was a good or bad choice.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMeow314159 April 16, 2011

This is an insult to Mean Girls...No wonder Lindsey Lohan is going crazy

THIS IS SO UNREALISTIC. I spent the whole time laughing. There is some mild language and it is almost funny because it seems like they just placed the language in random spots to make it for an older audience. It sounds so awkward when one of the girly characters says a cuss word; it is so random. This movie should have never been made, and they tried too hard to make the script better by hiring people from Disney Channel, but the actors failed too. The reason that Mean Girls was so popular was because it was REALISTIC, girls REALLY act like that. This movie is completely unrealistic, and anyone who actually acts like the popular people from this movie would get thrown in the dumpster by everyone else, not worshiped.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011
mean girls1 was soooo much better. better humor, funny dirty jokes, and awesome actors. mean girls 2 was not funny, nothing dirty, and DISNEY STARS?! what a disgrace to mean girls 1.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycutecoolgirl2000 April 11, 2012

It's ok but a bit too unrealistic and more appropriate for younger kids than the original was.

I liked it but I think the first one was better,this one was like a disney channel show with swearing,it was very predictable and unrealistic but I still liked it,the only swearing was the words b**** and a** and the only sexual content was kissing so i'd say it's ok for kids aged 10 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeekoloveshermovies October 13, 2011

Regina George will never be taken over.....

of course I watched the first one and I loved it :D Then I found out that there was a Mean Girls 2. I just wanted to try it out. It was very predictable and cheesy. It's one of those high school movies where the new girl becomes friends with the loser and they try and stop the mean girls. The new girl meets a guy (Of course and they fall in love.) Mean girls reminds me of Middle School (I'm in middle school) without the college part. If this movie had no swearing, it would be a disney movie filled with all these disney characters. So it sucked DX I regret watching it. Unless you like cheesy predictable unrealistic Highschool movies then you'll like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byselenagomezfan64 January 27, 2011
the first movie was better than ....this. This movie was terrible and boring
Teen, 15 years old Written byragtagmisfit June 21, 2014

Mediocre Movie is not at all close to original.

This "sequel" has nothing to do with the original plot. It was okay acting, but essentially a PG-13 DCOM. Many of the main characters appear on Disney so tweens will know some of the actresses. The content is not as graphic as original Mean Girls, thought there is some making out and four-letter words, its nothing any middle-schooler has not seen and it relatively mild. The movie is mediocre at best. Okay for 7th graders and up and some 6th graders, but there are better movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKiwiMochi August 12, 2015

Oh well

So THAT was new. The sarcastic, witty humor and creativity of Mean Girls was flushed down the drain for the sequel. I felt like i was watching the PG-13 version of a Disney movie. However I don't think it was Disney's fault. The movie came out right as all those "hip" new Disney channel favorites were ending. Via Camp Rock, Cory in the House, Wizards of Waverly Place, etc. Those actors and actresses were available and ready for anything. That set aside the movie was a let down. The narrarating made my blood curdle. The whole "virginity" concept was imbecilic because in high school many people are virgins. And sex often isn't a big concern, from what I've seen. And the puppy in a purse stereotype was stupid. Although I will say there were some snickers and the principal was the same which was good for me. I suggest if you have a child who is transitioning from PG to PG-13 movies and has already had the sex talk, have them watch this movie THEN the original Mean Girls. I hope this review was helpful for all you guys.
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2013

one of my fav

i loved it, but u have to know your kids first. if u think your kid(s) can handle it that's fine
Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2011

13+, GO RIGHT AHEAD

I like this movie, but there are some sexual situations, and some bad language. I personally think there are some touching scenes in the movie. I think that people, ages 13 and older should be allowed to watch this movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2016

Don't waste your time

Stick to the first mean girls, that one is amazing but I was disappointed with this one, it was sorta okay but pretty boring, there was just nothing special in it
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2016

Exact same story with slightly different twist

So Mean Girls 2 definitely doesn't live up to the standard the original set, but it is still a worthwhile watch. And the only Disney Channel star I recognised was Jennifer Stone (WOWP). There weren't many good role-models: Jo, whilst against the Plastics, starts to act like them in her own way; Mandi plays much worse pranks than Regina did in the first film however Regina was much more enjoyable to watch and it is uncertain if Mandi redeemed herself; Quinn betrays her friends just to get noticed for having a good article in the school paper. I don't remember any violence except for in a game of American football. Of course (just like in Mean Girls) there are lots of passionate kisses between the Queen Plastic and her "boyfriend". There are also two kisses between Jo and her man. There was barely any swearing just frequent use of "ass" and "bitch". Not too much product placement in the movie however the films are based off the book "Queen Bees and Wannabes". Teens are seen drinking at a party however it is unlikely to be alcohol. The Plastics put medicine into the pizza at a party at Abby's house. Nobody eats it except Nick who throws up all over Mandi's dress. If you haven't seen the first one I would recommend watching this one first because instead of being disappointed by this one, you can be pleasantly surprised with the first one? That's just my opinion though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byflying03panda March 12, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byameliawyn January 30, 2016

i have no words

all i have to day is that this movie flipping sucks. its not even the same characters, thats what flipped me off. i hated this movie so much.
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2016

AVOID THIS MOVIE IT IS TERRIBLE. SO DISAPPOINTING.

Worst. Movie. Ever. I couldn't even watch the first 20 minutes. It's cheesy, filled with crude humor, and a total waste of time. Bad actors/actresses. Not at ALL as good as the original Mean Girls.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysususidra September 25, 2015

Way disappointing for a mean girls sequel

This another example of horrible sequels. I mean I guess it is not that bad, but doesn't come close at all to the original mean girls. It is predictable, boring, and wasn't necessary to make in the first place.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrimTheDemigod April 2, 2015

Ick

I watched the original Mean Girls and it was quite possibly the best and most relatable movie I have ever seen. Then, this movie happened. It is a total disgrace to Tina Fey and Disney. This movie uses Disney actresses which I find utterly disgusting and its plot is basically the same as the original Mean Girls. I mean, the clique of the mean girls is called The Plastics. Another thing is, a lot of people will watch this movie and think it's a sequel when it's just a rip off of Mean Girls. I dislike this movie very much and I don't recommend it at all.
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2014

Better than Mean Girls 1

Okay for mature 13. Better than the first one. But still, not a 5 star. NOT for under 13, unless there is some weird special exception. PG13 for a reason.