Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Meet the Spartans

Dumb, raunchy comedy is a tired spoof attempt.

Adult Written bynduns May 4, 2011

And yet this isn't Frieberg and Seltzer's worst film... ugh...

Good lord, how are these idiots still making money!? Oh, that's right, they choose to parody anything popular and people are dumb enough to be drawn in by it. With the exception of the first few Scary Movies, there isn't one film by these guys that can be classified as good. You wanna know what the most insulting thing is? These guys always take it upon themselves to blatantly point out the jokes for the audience, clearly showing that they think all moviegoers are stupid! Come on, people, stop watching their movies! They're the worst spoofs ever made!

Adult Written byBasye April 9, 2008

Disgusting

It is perhaps appropriate for 15 pr 16 year olds, but there is a big difference between 13 and 15 maturity wise. It was unimaginative, the Spears part was kind of funny but that was the only source of humor in the film.
Adult Written bybluebellblu January 31, 2011

worst movie ever

worst movie i have ever seen protect you children it's gross

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Funny but inappropriate.

Call me odd, but I thought this movie was funny. There was a lot of explicit content. Regardless, I was laughing my head off. I think that this would mostly be funny to 13-14 year olds, but it isn't really appropriate for them. But if they want to see it and are mature, then by all means let them. Just don't expect anything educational.
Adult Written bympr18c April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysexymama321 April 9, 2008

The best movie you will ever see!

This movie, just like Scary Movie, Date Movie, and Epic Movie is amazingly funny with splashes of pop culture that young ones will understand and laugh along with. The only difference is that this one doesn't end with the word "Movie". So that must mean it's a little bit better than others, no? I recommend going to see this movie 100%, because you know I'll go.
Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 23, 2013

not a bad spoof

Not that bad its the funniest Jason and Aaron movie by far. It made me laph and feel weird but funny. Dont got me wrong it was pretty dumb but not as dumb as Epic Movie and Disaster Movie this ones reccomended for sure.

Adult Written byiParentReviewer March 20, 2011
This movie has a lot of homosexual and sexual references that are sometimes mild. Leonardas uses Sh*t every 10 minutes and all the violence is comical but sometimes disturbing. (Neck snapping, Eyes scratched out ect.) This movie I guarantee will make you laugh at least once. This movie has some good role models (The Spartans) who defend each other.

Adult Written bystephengladstone3 February 22, 2009
Adult Written bycbirchall44 April 9, 2008

20 minutes of torture...for me, then turned it off

Not funny at all; just plain bad; the actors must have went back to their dressing rooms thinking, "Will this kill my career?" or "Do I really need the money that bad?" Right now, I cannot think of a worse movie.
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybroadwaybaby April 9, 2008

Braincells were lost,

...mainly because, on occasion, I found myself amused.
Adult Written bydfk1010 April 9, 2008

terrible don't waste your money on it

This movie was terrible. There was a lot of sexual stuff, like the wife of the main character was tanning in a spa and vegetables were blocking her private parts. The movie was some what based on the movie 300 and that movie was terrble too. So just don't waste your money on it.