All parent member reviews for Men in Black

Parent Written byPlague March 15, 2010

Men in Black

Awesome and funny alien movie. Kids will love it.
Parent Written bylilyabug April 23, 2012

men in black is good but not for kids 13 and under

this was an ok movie for my 13 year old but its to scary for children 10 and younger there is an occasion where a alien kills a man and covers him self up in the mans skin.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

A Fun, Funny, and Engaging Alien Adventure/Comedy!

MEN IN BLACK is a classic. From the theme song, to the aliens, to the "cricket" gun, people across the whole world recognize the famous special agents Kay and Jay. Language is the biggest issue in the film. On the side is some comic violence (off-screen deaths of humans and aliens bursting into putty), a bit of scariness (aliens in human skin), and some vulgar sexual humor (some misunderstandings and questions; example: "do you know what I like to do sometimes late at night?" (That question isn't answered).) It's fun and laugh-out-loud funny, and the acting is spot-on. A must-see, and it'll be okay for most teens, but I wouldn't take sensitive kids. Highly recommended.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Men In Black - Fun fun fun!

This is a great movie that is lots of fun. The aliens make the violent aspect of the movie not so realistic as to make it inappropriate for preteens. Tweens and up are definite go for this movie. It's a family movie potential. For younger children the aliens can be scary, so be careful how old your kids are.
Adult Written byage 10+ May 27, 2012

Overrated Sci-Fi Comedy Is Ok

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byjcpilot February 12, 2010

Fun sci-fi movie, but needs to be age appropriate.

A fun movie for adults. The language was a little too inappropriate for my 9 and 11 year old in my opinion. Didn't appreciate the "d" word just for the laugh.
Adult Written bymbaul November 6, 2015

Amazing, well thought out

This movie really brings the heart and soul into the Men in Black series. Since the series debut in 1997, the story never quite took a personal side within characters. However, in third edition it get's quite personal with agents K and J as to how their relationship establishes and it's importance to the world. Even the relationship between Smith and Bronlin(younger K) seems to be as smooth. I'd say this movie really brings out the deepened heart in the series with the amount of emotion portrayed by each character. I think it's a wonderful way to wrap up the series as to now we understand how Agent J got where he's at and just how close him and k really are.
Parent Written bycarmenm2 April 18, 2015

Can be entertaining for younger kids too

From 8 year old: Men in Black is funny and entertaining . The aliens are a little bit gross but still fun to watch. The characters are cool. If you can handle Star Wars I, you can handle MIB. However, this is not a good movie for sensitive kids. I found MIB entertaining and not very violent.
Parent Written byshanerocks May 25, 2012

A favorite of mine!

Great movie!! A lot of bad words but it's nothing older tweens can't handle! This is a favorite, i love it!
Adult Written byJ0SH24 May 1, 2012

good review

there is a lot of use of d*mn and a few milder words but that about it for language. A lot of violence when one alien shoves a thorn/spear through another aliens neck. One time laurel asks Mr.White what she likes to do at night.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCBeth February 13, 2011

Really fun sci-fi movie; tweens and up will enjoy but parents should decide what age

As sci-fi fans in general, we (parents & 9 year old) had a great time with this movie; it is quite clever and witty. It is irreverent in enjoyable ways and the characters are fun. Whether or not it is OK for your tween is really dependent on the kid. Ours gets a kick out of what is clearly silly and imaginative gore (blowing up alien bugs) and is quite able to distinguish between this and any "real" suffering (which he won't watch). There is a bit of "language," but again, our son knows that this is for the movies only. The sexual innuendo just went over his head. Overall, a terrific and imaginative movie -- enjoy!
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 21, 2010
men in black is one of the best sci-fi movies ever but the movie has some violence and some language used.
Adult Written bykurra April 9, 2008