All teen and kid member reviews for Metallica: Through the Never

Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 September 30, 2013

Dazzling concert experience and intense riot combo is quite thrilling, especially with blaring Metallica music

The violence isn't bloody and language is infrequent, under 10 f-bombs.
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2014

An incredible and thrilling display

This is an adrenaline-fueled, violent, and exciting concert movie. I adore this film and watch it all the time. The only reason it is are is for mild violence and language. It is just some crazy fan saying the f-bomb three times, one have mother at the beginning. But still, any 11+ year old has probably already heard the word by. 8th graders many times.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCrystallized April 19, 2014

I watched it mostly for the music

I did not care much for the story but still, the movie was awesome.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPip August 15, 2016

Eerie film is inspiring

This highly suspenseful film is depicts a great concert by Metallica interspersed with various eerie and destructive scenes. It follows Trip the roadie as he attempts to pick up a package for the band. The unnamed city is Vancouver, by the way, so keep an eye out for familiar sights. Parents should be aware that some images may frighten children, such as a road lined with hung corpses, a few guys who get set on fire (no burns are shown), a character being beaten by an angry mob, a violent riot, a homicidal horseman, a weird voodoo doll type thing, a car crash and a perpetual state of confused terror in the main character, who, it should he noted, becomes increasingly bruised and battered as the film progresses. Aside from that, the concert itself is true to Metallica's form, with strobe lights, explosions, coffins, and the like, as well as several staged accidents. Also, given that they're one of the Big Four of Thrash Metal, the music is themed exactly as one would expect, and features death, destruction, and general mayhem. There is a fair bit of swearing, particularly from a thrasher at the beginning, but it's fairly easy to skip over if you're offended (he's the guy who pulls up in the car to the empty parking lot in the first scene). The only other potential issues are mass destruction of an empty city and Trip's ingestion of an unidentifiable pill. Now that the bad stuff is out of the way, parents should also know that the band's performance is incredible and inspirational. Although dark, Metallica's music also promotes strength and standing up for oneself in the face of adversity. Trip displays courage, determination, perseverance, and a "won't go down without a fight" attitude. He endangers himself to help a stranger and is willing to give up his own life to save others. While violence is prevalent, it is by no means glorified, and while Trip is willing to fight to when it comes down to it, he does try to avoid involvement in violence if possible. As well, the band is extremely talented and obviously engaged and enthusiastic, and their "average joe" reputation is an inspiration to musicians everywhere. At the end of the day, if your child isn't frightened by Metallica's music, they won't be frightened by the film. Just play Enter Sandman. If they smile at the mock-lullaby, they'll love the movie. Rock on!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

I love metallic and this film.

I watched this movie with my mom who also likes metallica. She was worried about me watching it because it's about a guy going to the band's concert and he's assigned to deliver something for them and he takes drugs before he sets out. But we both ended up loving it and it probably got me more into metallica. I also love heavy metal and if your kid is 13+ they can see it. If they like metallica that is.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylantio August 23, 2014

Not very good

Huge Metallica fan but disappointing movie. The concert as good but the movie was unnecessary
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr47 August 2, 2014

Kickass Music In A Kickass Concert Film

This is Metallica at their best and there's absolutely no reason your Metallica loving kids shouldn't watch this.