Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
Metallica: Through the Never
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
Dazzling concert experience and intense riot combo is quite thrilling, especially with blaring Metallica music
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the dark, violent images in Metallica's lyrics. Why does the band seem so angry? What do you think they want their music to inspire?
- What do you suppose is the thing that "the band needs tonight"? Why doesn't Metallica: Through the Never tell us what it is?
- Who is the Trip character, exactly? Does he seem like a role model? Does he represent some kind of symbol? (Courage?) Would you want his job, working for the band?
- Is this movie more or less interesting than a regular concert movie? Why?
- Could the members of Metallica be considered accomplished musicians? Are they role models?
For kids who love music
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.