All parent member reviews for Michael Jackson's This Is It

Parent Written byCooldee April 19, 2010

A great concert film for ages 11 and up.

Michael Jackson is not a child molestor! Leave him alone!
Adult Written byLowe's man January 6, 2014

a must for any Michael Jackson fan

Some kids think well into their teenage years that rock singers, rodeo cowboys, circus performers and other entertainers have jobs that are all just fun and games. Nothing could be further from the truth. This movie will show kids the hard work that people in such jobs must go through. This is particularly true for those who perform with such big stars as Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, as people expect more from them than they do from lesser known singers. Since this movie shows that Michael Jackson had some health problems in the months leading up to his death, his death will start to make some sense (although it will never make complete sense, especially when you consider that Dr. Conrad Murray (who's not mentioned in the movie) committed medical malpractice). While the star's death is not mentioned, viewers will be able to make connections. Obvious is Jackson's pride in his work and his desire to please his fans, which would've shown through on the tour had it been able to go on. With that he and his image would've made a comeback, to say nothing of the revenue which would've enabled Jackson to pay off his debts. His performances during rehearsal were undeniably good.
Adult Written byRockybalboa211 February 20, 2011

Perfect film!

Michael is a role model! God bless his soul and God bless his children! Human Nature is the best!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byNellieO August 14, 2010

Wonderful for ALL ages....

Wow, what a fantastic look into an absolute GENIUS at work. My 9 year-old son is now a true Michael Jackson expert and huge fan. What a great role model for EVERYONE not just kids. Despite his enormous fame Michael Jackson had such humility and dealt with everyone around him with the utmost respect and gentility. Truely inspiring. What a huge loss :( For those who still harbor misconceptions about being a pedophile: YOU ARE WRONG. The proof is not there. Give it a rest already. It was a fabrication of 2 seperate families out for $$$ and the media who expoited the situation for profit. They certainly made a fortune off of portraying (magazines, TV shows etc) Michael Jackson as some sort of depraved freak. I am not sure how any of them can live with themselves....
Adult Written byCkmj824 March 27, 2010

Wonderful

A wonderful movie for any age! The only thing I would watch out for is that they show the "Thriller" video (containing some edits) and it may be frightening to younger children because of zombies and other spooky creatures. Michael Jackson loved children and even owned the "Neverland Ranch" which was for children of all ages to come and have fun, there was a whole amusement park and more. These Michael Jackson haters believe differently, but the truth is, Michael never harmed a child.
Adult Written bypoledanceintlma... March 20, 2010

Perfect for anyone who supports music and the arts

It was an excellent movie...it was a privelaged look at what the world will be missing....well done and very fun and insightful..The Pole Dancing ROCKED! There wasn't enough of it. Anyone who wasn't absolutely impressed and completely thrilled that pole dancing is finally being shown for what it has truly become in todays world is living in a bubble and holding on to negative past stigmas that continue to create non-understanding contempt. Michael was definitely not about those things-which is why he included the SPORT & AERIAL ART of Pole Dancing. If you honestly don't know that this is a competitive sport that is headed straight to the olympics...please do some research & educate your kids regarding the differences between true art & sport and trash. There's a huge one! We would love to know the names of all the aerialists for our publication...if anyone knows, please tell us! Happy Educating! Pole Dance International Magazine CEO, Chastitie Lujan
Parent of a 10 year old Written byLiz Elliott January 26, 2010

Only for adults and older kids!

More like a documentary. The younger kids will have totally no interest in this.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byCeniez Roadr January 20, 2010

my self

recomended for my sister's an my brother
Adult Written byterra100 December 23, 2009

Not to miss! - watching on big screen is best

This is an absolutely stunning tribute to Michael Jackson. You see why he was such a creative genius and what a tragedy it was that he left us. I believe he was at the peak of his creativity. Any doubt about his abilities are shattered by watching this film. You also see how much he cared about his work. How perfection oriented he was. How he tutored everyone. I went to a Q&A with the director and Michael was not forced into doing this concert. Michael was the one who started it all up because he felt that the world needed him again due to environmental concerns. As you watch the film, you'll see how much the film gravitates toward inspiring us all to come together to save the earth. That was to be the purpose. Unfortunately, it did not happen. The director was devastated because of his death but now says that he felt Michael was with him every step of the way in editing the footage for "This Is It" and that editing process helped him grieve. Let us all see what we can do to help heal our planet, and let MJ motivate you in this one-of-a-kind film.
Adult Written bymermaid13 December 4, 2009

We need more people like him in this world!!
Adult Written bykaukamom November 5, 2009

Great homage to a big talent, but discuss MJ's problems

This movie is great opportunity for kids to see how a very talented person worked very hard. This man had some deep flaws, and talking about (some of) them with your kids would be an important lesson about people and their characters.
Adult Written byraynetta November 4, 2009

We saw it as a 3 generation group!

I loved it! I saw the movie with my daughter and my granddaughter. All three of us thought it was magnificent! I see no problem with younger kids seeing it. They couldn't have a better example of how to relate to other people: with love, humor, and understanding.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycrystalp November 1, 2009

Parent of a 6 year old Written bybodhran66 October 31, 2009

A realistic view of what it takes to put on a show.

I would give it 3.5 stars. It was a great behind the scenes look at what goes into preparing a rock/pop concert. I think it is positive for children to see that musicians, dancers, singers are hard working and talented. Unfortunately the "rock star" lifestyle is mostly what kids get exposure to. As for Michael, it is sad that he died. There is no discussion of his death or any of the controversies that surrounded him. He came across as soft spoken but very much in charge and knowing what he wanted. It showed me how really talented a performer he was. As for any suggestive moves (ie crotch grabbing) it really is nothing you couldn't easily explain to an 8+ year old. I would feel comfortable having my almost 7 year old watching it.
Adult Written byGail 999 October 31, 2009

Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion October 31, 2009

THIS IS IT is Outstanding!

This movie is a monument to two things: one of the greatest entertainers in the music world, and what would have been one of the greatest concerts of all time. Unfortunately, Mr. Jackson died before his dream "final curtain call" tour could become a reality. But the concert director Kenny Ortega has pieced together 2 hours worth (from over 5 hours of rehearsal footage) of song, dance, interviews, and on-stage video from the concert. The result is absolutely stunning. In this movie you have two hours of pure entertainment. You will want to sing and dance along with Jackson and his crew as they rehearse for an awe-inspiring curtain. And how awe-inspiring it is! MJ has become a very controversial topic in today's headlines, from his odd persona and the child abuse charges to his tragic death. However, parents need not worry. This movie steers clear of any discussion of Jackson's controversy. It is simply a tribute to the man as an artist. That comes with little objectionable content. The movie is filled with Jackson's trademark choreography, some of which is suggestive (some crotch grabbing and thrusting) but not overtly sexual. The THRILLER scene contains some creepy graveyard imagery that might scare little kids, but not older ones.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjsharpe October 31, 2009

i love this movie
Parent of a 8, 8, and 10 year old Written byLGB October 30, 2009
Adult Written bydfeorene October 30, 2009

We should not teach our children to revere a drug-addicted pedophile. Exactly what does this teach them, genius or not? Perhaps that one can really famous if they are a felon? Why would you want to give your hard-earned dollars to support pedophilia, etc? Song lyrics are inappropriate as well.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byshysmommy October 30, 2009

Look up the lyrics to some of the songs featured in this film. My family will not be seeing it. Way too much skin to be shown, bad language and not to mention the message in some of his songs smooth crimnal for example is not acceptable.