Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Midnight Sun

Tear-jerking romance is mild except for teen partying.

Parent Written byEric K. March 22, 2018

Parent of a 12 and 18+ year old Written byMisty C. March 30, 2018

Excellent movie, highly recommend seeing it!

This movie cannot be compared to Everything, Everything. Yes, that was a good movie. Nothing though compared to the depth of this movie Midnight Sun. Great actors, meaning, real, raw, truth, life, sickness, family, love, father, relationships and just all of it was just fabulous! My favorite thing is that I could see this with my teen daughter who is thirteen and it didn't have any junk in it. It was beautifully written. There were three "bad" words damn, bad ass and *hit in the entire movie. A teen party scene with beer other than that it was clean. It is about time and so refreshing! Loved it, laughed, cried and enjoyed it immensely!

Adult Written byBetty S. March 25, 2018

Not for young kids

There was multiple Foul Language common sense says none present but plugged in and I say differently. While Why does this not list the foul language. copied from pluggedin.com or plugged in movie reviews. CRUDE OR PROFANE LANGUAGE Three uses of the s-word. God’s name is misused seven times. We hear “a--” twice, while “d---” and “h---” are uttered once each.Lots of heavy making out. Barely clothing in some making out scenes. Bra and underwear. May be ok for your kids but not mine. Well over the rating age too. While I enjoyed the plot of the movie and it was romantic. I cried but I would not watch again specially not my children. Some parts made me uncomfortable I always check there plugged in reviews, way more detail and accuracy Common sense is great site but not always accurate on more than one movie.

Adult Written byAri D. June 6, 2018

I LOVED THIS.

I think this was a very appropriate movie for anyone really. ANd it does show Katie Price (Bella Thorn) in undergarmets, but no one goes past first base.

Adult Written byLegna H. June 6, 2018

i love it

had me crying for 30mins .the movie has such a perfect meaning , i have fallen in love with it

Adult Written byTEDDYBEAR360 July 21, 2018

Cheesy But Great.

Having Chronic illness is very difficult. First hand knowledge with light danger. I saw every teen girls romance desire,every parents wish for their childrens health and happiness,the fear of loss the resignation of what is in your control and out,the simple joys,the standard hollywood unrealistic romantic gestures that result in those feel good moments,the power of music,the simple life and love and just a story i cried during and smiled and related to in whatever ways. All cast were great. I would keep this movie with my beaches movie and few other faves. Surprised at how touching this movie was. Thanks to whomever wrote it. May be too simple but it was simply what i needed to watch tonight.
Adult Written bysaraa123 January 9, 2019

this movie was really good

i loved this movie! it made me cry, worth watching

Adult Written bydvdgirl January 3, 2019

Good .

Good movie a love story sort of like a walk to remember.

Adult Written byDynamic August 30, 2018

Touchy

This is an amazing movie and real, very touchy