Kid reviews for Millennium Actress

Millennium Actress Poster Image

I cried a lot on this one ;')

This film is amazing! I will never understand why it's so overlooked! The movie isn't as violent as some of the reviews on here say. I mean, there is some blood in one scene, but it's only visible for one or two seconds, so if you don't like it you can just close your eyes. Honestly, there isn't much "unwholesome" content in the film, so if you want to watch it with kids, go ahead! Although, it might be a bit confusing at times, so keep that in mind. The film has a great message about dedication, and it's very emotional. It also has AMAZING visuals and a beautiful soundtrack by the composer Susumu Hirasawa who worked with Satoshi Kon on numerous occasions. In summary, i really loved the film and i think that everyone should watch it :)

Anime Best for Older Kids

This is truly one of the greatest anime films of all time. The plot centers around Chiyoko, a 70-odd year old actress, when the film studio that see worked with closes down, two documentary filmakers decide to interview her, we are then shown her past, as well as her films. There is nothing inappropriate about this film, however young children may be confused by this film and should wait until they are a bit older.