Adult Written byfozzie April 9, 2008

Both Grandma and 13 yr old grandson loved movie

Pleasantly surprised that, yes, a greatly entertaining film can be made without all the foul language and meaningless sex scenes. A little slow at the start but hang in there for a real exciting and exhilarating film.
Parent of an infant year old Written bydocholliday August 13, 2012

Educational

Great movie on how hard work and discipline can lead to greatness, and bring joy to thousands of people. Also, teaches to look inside oneself and strive to never give up, no matter what the odds.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byWeedPuller July 2, 2016

"Miracle on Ice"

Excellent sports movie that even captivated my not-so-sporty 10- and 13-year old girls. Plenty of exploration of the interpersonal conflicts between players, coaches, family members, and committees. We had to point out some of those aspects to our kids, because they didn't get the significance of some of the sporty, masculine dialogue. This gave us teaching moments regarding authority figures instilling discipline and character. Plus, our team won! Fun to watch in an Olympic year. Note that there is a scene in which players drink beer at a bar, and another in which the players on the bench are pointing out attractive women in the crowd to each other. I didn't find any of it troubling for my kids, but Common Sense failed to mention these in their comments. Also, the reviewer seems not to know that the movie is called "Miracle" because the climactic game has ever been referred to as the "Miracle on Ice"... not because of spiritual claims by the movie makers. We found the historical context at the beginning to be engaging and helpful.