All teen and kid member reviews for Mirror Mirror

Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 March 30, 2012

Good movie, but a few scary scenes

I went to see this movie for our school's AR field trip and it was really good. It has some potentially scary scenes, mainly towards the end, but nothing too bad for young kids. Plus, Snow White is a great role model, as she's nice, brave, and selflessly helps others. OK for kids 8+. Violence: Some small battles, including a scene towards the end where Snow White and the prince take on the queen's dragon, but nobody gets hurt. One scene shows evil marionettes trying to destroy Snow White and the dwarfs, but nobody is hurt. The dragon could be very frightening to younger kids. At the end, the queen tries to give Snow White a poisoned apple, but she doesn't eat it. Sex: Some sexual jokes that will probably go over kids' heads. One dwarf falls for Snow White and lightly flirts with her. The prince is shown shirtless twice, but nothing too graphic. The prince and Snow White kiss in some scenes. Drinking: Adult drinking at parties, but no excessive drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byluv2shop2112 March 30, 2012

Classic Fairytale for the whole family!

This is a wonderful movie. A classic fairy tale but with a twist. This movie takes place from the queen's point of view :) It is a wonderful movie for the whole family to see. Snow White is a really good role model, showing how stealing is bad and how to give to the poor. Great Movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 March 30, 2012

k

boring stupid slapstick humor sucks with unfunny humar and Juli Roberts charecter gets annoying, boring MOVIE
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2012

Wonderful Movie a mix of Rovin Hood and Once Upon A Time

This is a great movie! It has is all! Colorful and CREATIVE WITH MANY POSITIVE MESSAGES. Snow White is a brave, intelligent herione which teaches young girls to do the right thing. Also the movie states that vanity isn't everything and shouldn't be. There is minimal violence just a handful of swordfights showing no blood. This movie could've been better but it is still great! Ther is some sexy stuff when the Queen puts a love potion on the prince, but it'll go right over kids' heads.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2012

Maybe scary for 7 & under but you have to know your child.

I think that "Mirror Mirror" was a good movie, it could be a little violent when Snow White fights the beast and when the giant puppets attack the dwarf house. Unlike other reviews i thought that it was funny when the queen got her beauty treatment! It may also be scary when the queen goes into the mirror because it is very dark. When Snow White gets spanked it could be a little awkward. It is very good because no matter what most people try to help Snow White. This was a good twist on a great fairy tale!
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2012

Wow

Some violence I would watch out! Some sexy scenes like when the prince slaps snow's bottom is v.ery inappropriate
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2012

cute film

I love this film! It's great that snow white gets to be the fighter for once! Snow white is really pretty! ^.^
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover April 9, 2012

mostly good

My grandmother and I enjoyed it very much, although it annoyed me when the prince spanks Snow White. Other than that, it was great!
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2015

Just fine!!!

Just fine....
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2015

same old fairytale with a twink of difference

i cant believe you would agree with this movie being ok for 8 and 9 year olds. perfect acting and ageless fairytale, romance to watch out for and inpropriate scenes (no nudity)
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2014

Pretty good

It's fun and happy and not especially dark as some Snow White films are. Some scenes have mildly scary elements such as 'black magic', and a monster. Fun, cute, and a little naughty.
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2014

Mirror mirror, give me a clue, come and read my review!

I really love this film. It is on the brink of making sense but not quite, which is absolutely fantastic! The way the queen gets to the mirror is wonderfully thought-provoking. I can only think of a few faults. As it is obviously made for older kids, it is more twisted than the Disney version. The dwarfs are criminals, forced to steal from the rich. Snow White is turned into a warrior when she meets them and the monster in the wood is scarier than you'd think, just a surprise near the end of the movie! As I absolutely love twisted fairy-tales, that is just my cup of tea, but I wouldn't expect many other people to like it, as they are generally scarier and weirder than the originals (which is actually why I like them so much!) I would not recommend showing this to anyone below nine, as some scenes are scary, some scenes are beautiful and it is hard to handle them both, aware that my review hardly rocks, signing of is Gothilocks.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2013

Mirror Mirror is "Just fine"

This is a fun, family movie that young kids tend to love. It is a little violent however, with a monster that might frighten some kids. Overall, it's ok.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykidcaptain April 11, 2013

Mirror Mirror 2012 - Dir. Tarsem Singh

Mirror Mirror has a nice twist to the classic fairytale. Collins could have been better-she didn't really connect with me, there was no spark with the audience. Hammer was pretty good but Roberts definately stole the show, she was amazing! The dwarves were fantastic, their interaction with each other was hilarious. I like how the movie had the queen die by the apple instead but the weird techno-bollywood dance thing at the end ruined it completely for me, it was so out of place! Overall it's a beautiful film, with stunning effects and costumes, great plot and message to the family.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2013

Canny Good!!!

I watched this movie with my family and thought it was a great film. I didn't really like the ending it didn't really match the time period this film is set in. There is quite a lot of kissing and a few scary scenes for kids under eight, but apart from that a really good film!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2012

Good fairy tale movie with a twist

This content has mild violence, but could be in a G rating but would be in the boderline, the main thing is themes as the queen is mean to snow whit. It's like the fairy tale but more viloent and with and with a twist. My rating PG- Fantasy Violence and Mild Themes
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2012

PreTeens only :P

I loved this movie but it is definitely a PreTeen movie. Language: the worst is h*ll, and d*mn. Sex: A man is shown topless twice, people falling in love Violence: There is a very scary scene at the end but I dont wanna spoil it for you!
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2012

Not very good.

I didn't really like this movie. I mean the love story was cute and everything, but the plot seems very plain and simple. Al least to me. Fine for kids, there is nothing confusing about the plot. It's very simple. One thing I found annoying was the dialogue, for some reason it seemed very very cheesy to me. . Like I said fine for kids, but I didn't really like it
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 November 17, 2012

Mirror Mirror on the wall...Who's the fairest of them all...

This is BY FAR. This movie was really funny and very entertaining. This is a little more of a parody of snow white because it has jokes about snow white and references that whoever knows the story of snow white will be cracking up. It's very funny, adventurous, and entertaining. And that's what we need right now with all these awful movies out. Lily Collins gives a great portrayal of snow white. And Julia Roberts was great as the villian. I was sometimes laughing at the things she said but then i didn't like her because she's the villian obviously. Overall if you want a movie that's both hilarious and adventurous, your gonna love this.
Kid, 8 years old November 4, 2012

Great but sadly the tiniest bit violent.

It is a great movie, although it has a little bit of violence in it. That is the only reason i chose 8 and up.