Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Miss Minoes (Undercover Kitty)

Clever cat tale has a bit of animal peril; for older kids.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byMixyplixl February 4, 2014

Charming and very entertaining, if a bit unpolished

We thoroughly enjoyed this movie -- what a hidden gem! The actress is so convincing as a cat, you forget that she is not. This film is a neat way to expose kids to foreign films, as you get a quaint picture of life in a small Dutch town. You should know that it is a diamond in the rough, as the dubbing isn't entirely successful and the newspaper headlines aren't translated. However, we all still found it to be lots of fun.
Parent of a 6, 16, 18+, and 18+ year old Written byindianajoe August 4, 2013

Cute story that suffers from cliches and poor dubbing

Minoes is a fairly formulaic rendition of a popular Dutch book. Cat becomes girl due to interaction with toxic waste. Fine with me, it beats spiders anyday. Girl acts like cat, hangs out on rooftops and gets chased up trees. She is also mysteriously and conveniently furnished with clothing and a suitcase. Girl and shy cub reporter uncover conspiracy against felines and humans in the guise of greedy, polluting capitalist and do their civic duty. Charlotte's Web it is not. The violence, implied and actual, is not much but it occupies critical points in the plot and therefore is portrayed more dramatically than you might otherwise expect. What I found even more objectionable but which the kids will probably not mind is the dubbing. It appears to be done by third-rate British voice actors trying hard not to sound *too* British. Productions like this are why some people prefer subtitles. Most problematic, though, in my book, is the anachronistic pitchfork-and-torch mob treatment of the cartoonish villain in the end. You may want to talk to your kids about lynch mobs, civil society, due process, and the rule of law after they watch this film.

Adult Written bystephenb927 May 6, 2013

Not for my child - language

There is a bit of coarse language in the english dubbed version of this movie, which doesn't add anything to the story. It's a shame too. It seems like such a cute movie concept. The only other thing I would have to say about it, would be it seemed to start to glorify gossip. I'm not sure if it reconciles that in the end. I only made it through 25 minutes.