Kid reviews for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Poster Image

its a good movie and i think most people could enjoy it but it is a bit scary at times. well rounded characters.
3 people found this helpful.

Well they tried...

I am a huge fan of this book series and I was quite disapointed to say the least about this movie. There are more violent scenes and they even added a new event. Olive and Emma switched powers (annoying!) and the hollowgasts look like slendermen. Other than that, if you have not read the book I think you would enjoy this.
1 person found this helpful.

Protect your child from this horrid movie.

I watched this movie two months before I turned 10 based on reviews I read on this site. HUGE MISTAKE! The first night I didn’t sleep at all and cried most of the night, waking my entire family for support. The tears gradually ended but the sleeplessness continued for months. I still recall images from the movie on occasion and will regret watching this movie for years to come. Unless terrifying and disturbing images do not affect you, wait until AT LEAST age 13.

1 person found this helpful.

Good film

Very weird lol and has a few unsettling scenes but overall a good watch

The movie was really disappointing compared to the books - especially the characters.

The books were really good, and I was excited to see the movie, but it was a real disappointment. They changed all the characters, making them seem way too polished and unlike themselves for no apparent reason. They also switched Emma's and Olive's powers, which was super annoying. In the books, Emma was independent and a leader, which was partially connected to her power and the fiery side of her personality, while Olive was never quite as helpful and more of a liability. In switching their powers, they took a major part of Emma away. The scene where Emma and Jacob meet was way too underdeveloped and superficial. In the book, there was a lot more nuance, with Emma first thinking that Jacob was Abe, and then thinking he was a wight. All in all, the characters were all wrong, and I couldn't even get through half of the movie, although you might like it if you haven't read the books.

Yasss

Scary But Great

So first this film is really scary. There are these monsters which are like really scary. At some points in the film peoples eyes are ripped out by these monsters and you can literally see inside. Its pretty violent to be called a kids movie but otherwise this was a really good film. It's very gripping and if it wasn't as scary I would 100% watch again so as long as the kid isn't scared of like scary monsters its a great movie.

Do not watch this movie!

Too scary! For little ones

Very distasteful movie. O malakas me ta aspra matia fovise ta paidia mou. My ninos caca pooped themselves

kinda scary

The movie is really good but it might be scary for kids under 10 or 11 depending on if your child gets scared easily since the peculiar children are targeted by some group of monsters that eat the kid's eyes so they won't be in monster form anymore. at one point, in the beginning, there is the main characters' grandpa is dying on the ground and his eyes are gone The monsters do resemble slender man but it has a mouth with sharp teeth. one of the kids has the power to use mini-organs and make dolls fight and there is a kid who has his eyes missing and the same character uses a mini heart to make him talk like a puppet. the movie also has some humor like these 2 teens who are the "best rappers" on the island and they do a little "rap" over all i enjoyed the movie its the storyline is amazing and its intersting.