All teen and kid member reviews for Miss Representation

Teen, 16 years old Written byShiShiGlo May 31, 2015

Extremely Relevant

I watched this documentary with my mother. I'm usually not interested in these types of movies, but she insisted and I'm glad she did. It pinpoints the problems in our culture surrounding men and women alike and is extremely relatable. Women and girls should watch this to see how they are being influenced and how to fight against it. Men and boys should watch this to see if they are part of the problem or if they are being harmed by it too. It's especially important for the younger generation to watch this because the gender messages in our society start so young. There is some sexually explicit imagery but only in the context of showing advertising that you or your child have probably seen anyway. If you want to make sure your daughter or female friends don't end up shying away from what they want in life because of what society tells them, show them this video. This movie honestly changed my entire outlook on life.
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2016

Miss Representation is educational and changes the way you view things.

I watched this while browsing netflix as an 11 year old seeing a post recommending it on an Instagram account I follow. It is very well made and is interesting and educational to watch. It changes your view on the media and is over all a must watch.