Parent reviews for Miss Sloane

Miss Sloane Poster Image

One of the best political thrillers I have ever seen. A must watch.

This is one of the best political thrillers I have ever seen. The acting, the script, the dialogue, plot twists... astounding. Jessica Chastain performance in this movie is phenomenal. The topics in this movie are mature and wouldn't interest most kids under 13 years of age. In terms of content, there is swearing, social drinking, and one love scene. Not much in terms of violence except for one character being shot. This movie has great educational value. Elizabeth is smart, driven, ruthless, and callous. She portrays a strong woman role model. She's good at what she does and is capable of assessing herself honestly and attempting to remedy an injustice. A must watch court/legal thriller. 5/5 13+

Predictable, shove the message down your throat movie

If you want the brainwashing, by all means go to this pat, overblown movie

Bechdel Test

There are women characters who talk to each other about something other than a man. Miss Sloane is scary, and her back story is hinted at but never filled in. The ending stretches belief. But it shows a powerful woman whose power has nothing to do with sex (although there is sex here.) I can't say she is a role model. Except that while she is facing her nefarious opponents on their own terms, she is better at it. And the performance is amazing.