All member reviews for Mission: Impossible 2

Good thrill ride of a movie with nonstop action.

Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2010

Not As Good As The First One!

It's okay but it isn't as good as the first one. can't wait to see the third one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 August 2, 2009

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Not as good as the first...

I've read a lot of bad reviews about this movie, and wasn't expecting too much in this movie. Admittedly, it was a lot better than I expected. Though definitely not as good as the first, this movie has a right to be called a Mission Impossible movie, it's filled with explosive action and death defying stunts. If you like Tom Cruise and like to watch him do all sorts of gravity defying action movies, then you won't want to miss this! The movie doesn't have all of the plot and intrigue of the first one, but it didn't put me to sleep. Now the stuff parents want to know. There is a lot of violence, some of it bloody, including people getting shot, beat up, and crashing in vehicles, like exploding planes and cars. Someone is infected with a virus and you see the affects of it. Tom is also slashed a few times with a knife. Language wise, it was a little less than the first. b*tch is used three times and bas*rd once. less bad words are used more often. Though one and three are better, this isn't a movie you should skip over. It's a lot of fun.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2013

Great movie with good role models

Great spy action movie, with a positive role model. There is infrequent cussing, and it is mild, like b****, a**, and d***. There is one use of s***, though. I would rate it PG-13 For prolonged intense violent action, mild language, brief destruction, and a sexual situation.
Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011

violence, language

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Unrealistic

It is unbelievable. The first movie had Tom Cruise in it. This movie IS just Tom Cruise.
Kid, 8 years old June 5, 2015

Disappointing action thriller is not as good as first but still racy and extremely violent.

My rating:R for language, strong bloody violence, racy content, and nudity.
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2013

Improves on the first with the action/special effects, but not the characters/feel.

There wasn't that much awesomeness until the end. The villain, tense feel, and violence make this too intense for little kids under 10. There are also scenes of sensuality and sexual content. The language isn't too intense except for 4 or 5 uses of "b***h". The movie is OK but I wouldn't call the greatest action spy movie ever made.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 23, 2011

Action sequel is much better, more fun and entertaining than the first

The second film and first sequel in the Mission Impossible franchise, is (big surprise) absolute miles upon miles upon miles ahead of the original first film in the series. Here, director John Woo takes things over from previous director Brian De Palma and heats things up with a villain straight out of the James Bond movies,some exotic locations and good action sequences, which also feel like they are out of the James Bond movies, as well. So, overall, I think John Woo has made a much, much better sequel with this film. The only unfortunate thing about it is, that, it still isn't mindblowingly awesome, but nobody should ever expect that off of a movie (a action movie, mind you), because that just isn't fair, at all. So, the movie is Rated PG-13 for several reasons, and this time it is rather more deserved than with the first movie: There is frequent intense action violence including plenty of gunfights, fistfights, car chases and more. Also, there is frequent sensuality involving several sexually charged scenes, not to mention a couple post-sex scenes. Finally, there is infrequent but moderate profanity including sh-t, -ss, b-tch, d-mn, h-ll, and b-st-rd. So, if you liked the original, even though I strongly disliked it, I think you should still enjoy this sequel, which I very much did.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 13, 2010

A Fun, Forgettable Action Movie...

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2 is a fun action movie with lots of thrills and adventure. However, when watching, I spotted dozens of ways the movie could have been better. Thus, it is not as good as it could have been. The violence in this movie is near-constant. There is actually less violence than in the third film, but it is more graphic and bloody. People are shot, drowned, injected with chemicals, and beaten (and we see quite a bit of blood). We see a man's bloody, frail-looking face after he's given a dangerous chemical. Characters are always in intense peril. Two main characters are shown in bed together after just meeting, but there is no sex (and nothing is shown but her shoulders and his chest). There is infrequent language: "d**n", "a*s", "s**t", and "b**ch".
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Better than the first!

Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Really not that great

ok not much of a try though even if you love the other one/ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 July 29, 2015

Awesome, but a tad uninteresting.

Mission Impossible II was a fun ride, near the end of the movie. The first half was slow and uninteresting. Dougray Scott was decent as the villain, Scott Ambrose. Grade: C.
Written byAnonymous November 30, 2014

Slightly better sequel still contains adult content

My rating: PG-13 for violence and sexual content
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 1, 2014

Mission: Impossible 2 movie review

When people ask me what the worst sequel of all time is, I tell them without doubt "Mission: Impossible 2". I have no idea what happened. It kind of felt like "Die Hard" to "Die Hard 2". This movie makes "Die Hard 2" look like the "Citizen Kane" of action movies. I really loved "Mission: Impossible", but I truly despised "Mission: Impossible 2". It was horrible. I couldn't care less about this movie. If someone asked me what the plot of this movie was, I would tell them I have no idea because the movie is forgettable. The action was the one thing that I liked about the movie. The action was cool, but the slow motion is crap. The acting was very mediocre and this is without doubt Tom Cruise's worst movie. I really like Tom Cruise; he is my second favorite actor of all time (Al Pacino's my favorite). He couldn't deliver with "Mission: Impossible 2" and I could tell he was trying to save this crappy movie. I always say don't blame the actor (unless it is Shia LaBeouf), blame the script. John Woo did his job well with "Face/Off" so I don't know why he couldn't pull this one off. Please skip "Mission: Impossible 2". Instead, watch the first "Mission: Impossible" movie. It is way better than this piece of crap.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybob555bob July 30, 2013

MUST READ!

Worse than the first DON'T Watch EVER! Too much sex and violence and language!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 3, 2012

MI2 rules

this was a VERY good movie with lots of great action and suspense the best one yet
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr. Tights June 9, 2012

Terrible!!!

If I was to rate this movie it would be: PG-13 Intense sequences of violence, some sensuality and language
Teen, 15 years old Written byGabe4243 May 8, 2012

M:I-2

I thought it was really cool :D Lots of violence during some scenes, and a sex scene, and another scene of implied sex. . . no nudity, just a little akward. Better than the first, my second favorite of the series(beaten by ghost protocol)
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 10, 2012

Great action movie

Lots of intense action, some mild language and innuendo. Teen movie