All teen and kid member reviews for Mission: Impossible 2

Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2010

Not As Good As The First One!

It's okay but it isn't as good as the first one. can't wait to see the third one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 August 2, 2009
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2013

Great movie with good role models

Great spy action movie, with a positive role model. There is infrequent cussing, and it is mild, like b****, a**, and d***. There is one use of s***, though. I would rate it PG-13 For prolonged intense violent action, mild language, brief destruction, and a sexual situation.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2015

A good movie but will bore the young young

It's okayish good! It has some sex and language. It's also violent.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 23, 2011

Action sequel is much better, more fun and entertaining than the first

The second film and first sequel in the Mission Impossible franchise, is (big surprise) absolute miles upon miles upon miles ahead of the original first film in the series. Here, director John Woo takes things over from previous director Brian De Palma and heats things up with a villain straight out of the James Bond movies,some exotic locations and good action sequences, which also feel like they are out of the James Bond movies, as well. So, overall, I think John Woo has made a much, much better sequel with this film. The only unfortunate thing about it is, that, it still isn't mindblowingly awesome, but nobody should ever expect that off of a movie (a action movie, mind you), because that just isn't fair, at all. So, the movie is Rated PG-13 for several reasons, and this time it is rather more deserved than with the first movie: There is frequent intense action violence including plenty of gunfights, fistfights, car chases and more. Also, there is frequent sensuality involving several sexually charged scenes, not to mention a couple post-sex scenes. Finally, there is infrequent but moderate profanity including sh-t, -ss, b-tch, d-mn, h-ll, and b-st-rd. So, if you liked the original, even though I strongly disliked it, I think you should still enjoy this sequel, which I very much did.
Kid, 8 years old June 5, 2015

Disappointing action thriller is not as good as first but still racy and extremely violent.

My rating:R for language, strong bloody violence, racy content, and nudity.
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2013

Improves on the first with the action/special effects, but not the characters/feel.

There wasn't that much awesomeness until the end. The villain, tense feel, and violence make this too intense for little kids under 10. There are also scenes of sensuality and sexual content. The language isn't too intense except for 4 or 5 uses of "b***h". The movie is OK but I wouldn't call the greatest action spy movie ever made.
Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2015

mission impossible 2 review

Pretty violent especially towards the end [non gory] at the beginning there is some sex. Parents there are huge brawls toward the end and it does show some gruesome pictures with chimera [very deadly disease]. It showed him after 34 hours with the disease it showed him dead. I think it was the worst movie out of all the other mission impossible movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 July 29, 2015

Awesome, but a tad uninteresting.

Mission Impossible II was a fun ride, near the end of the movie. The first half was slow and uninteresting. Dougray Scott was decent as the villain, Scott Ambrose. Grade: C.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 1, 2014

Mission: Impossible 2 movie review

When people ask me what the worst sequel of all time is, I tell them without doubt "Mission: Impossible 2". I have no idea what happened. It kind of felt like "Die Hard" to "Die Hard 2". This movie makes "Die Hard 2" look like the "Citizen Kane" of action movies. I really loved "Mission: Impossible", but I truly despised "Mission: Impossible 2". It was horrible. I couldn't care less about this movie. If someone asked me what the plot of this movie was, I would tell them I have no idea because the movie is forgettable. The action was the one thing that I liked about the movie. The action was cool, but the slow motion is crap. The acting was very mediocre and this is without doubt Tom Cruise's worst movie. I really like Tom Cruise; he is my second favorite actor of all time (Al Pacino's my favorite). He couldn't deliver with "Mission: Impossible 2" and I could tell he was trying to save this crappy movie. I always say don't blame the actor (unless it is Shia LaBeouf), blame the script. John Woo did his job well with "Face/Off" so I don't know why he couldn't pull this one off. Please skip "Mission: Impossible 2". Instead, watch the first "Mission: Impossible" movie. It is way better than this piece of crap.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybob555bob July 30, 2013

MUST READ!

Worse than the first DON'T Watch EVER! Too much sex and violence and language!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 3, 2012

MI2 rules

this was a VERY good movie with lots of great action and suspense the best one yet
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr. Tights June 9, 2012

Terrible!!!

If I was to rate this movie it would be: PG-13 Intense sequences of violence, some sensuality and language
Teen, 15 years old Written byGabe4243 May 8, 2012

M:I-2

I thought it was really cool :D Lots of violence during some scenes, and a sex scene, and another scene of implied sex. . . no nudity, just a little akward. Better than the first, my second favorite of the series(beaten by ghost protocol)
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 10, 2012

Great action movie

Lots of intense action, some mild language and innuendo. Teen movie
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2012

Much better than first!

It isn't non-stop action until the last 45 minutes except from one little car chase and a plane crash at the start. This doesn't seem like a spy movie it is just a plain action movie. The language is strong a--,h--l,d--n, bast---and a female character is called b--ch a few times. The story line is much easier to follow than the 1st. Kids may be scared when they see the effect of a chemical called chimera where blood cells are destroyed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBLACKOUTxx7741 December 30, 2011

Slow motion

A O.K move, but to much slow motion. There is slow motion every 10 seconds!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 17, 2011

better than the first but not as good as the third

What to watch out for * Violence: Lots of violence and intense peril. * Sex: Sexual references and situations. * Language: Some strong language. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Social drinking, smoking.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLadyFlameSinger July 2, 2009

Not quite there . . .

Boom! Something gets blown up! Then a dramatic, slowed down shot of Tom Cruise, hair flying. . . Whap! Bang! Someone gets shot! Then a dramtic, slowed down shot of Tom Cruise and Thandie Newton, both with hair flying in the wind that shouldn't be there. . . I was expecting an intense action movie. It finally got there after about an hour and a half. The action itself was actually pretty good, but the rest of the movie left a lot to be desired. Most of it was just a sappy romance with lots and LOTS of slowed down shots, mainly of Tom Cruise, in a hairstyle that never should have been. We really only needed to see that hideous hair once, and even that was FAR too much. And some of the dialogue was almost painful to listen to. This film was not near as good as the first one, and seemed more a spotlight on Tom Cruise and his revolting hairstyle than anything else.