All parent member reviews for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Parent Written byHMC69 December 16, 2011

perhaps the most action-packed movie I've ever seen

Saw this in an Imax theater - the sound and video were incredible. The action is nearly non-stop and very exciting. Theme of save-the-world, good v evil is a positive message to boys in my opinion who are exposed to lots of video game violence for the sake of violence/entertainment only. This film is not gory. But for those sensitive to it, be aware it is constant gunfire/explosions/car crashes/etc. A little language, but less than most PG-13 films, and no f-bombs or over-the-top stuff. Great film for Imax to take advantage of the technology and sound system. However, I suggest sitting in the back half of the theater because rapid motion is hard to process from the front. Also be aware that it is EXTREMELY loud.
Parent Written bytwilly December 22, 2011

A welcome treat.

What a huge treat to see an entertaining and compelling action movie which does NOT contain the usual gratuitous nudity, sex, potty humor, recurring bad language, and blood splatters. I heartily thank the producers for being considerate of parents and families. Well done! We need more movies like this. The "violence" is copious, but it is "tastefully done," if there is such a thing.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byluvdasox April 29, 2012

Long, exciting Apple commercial

My 13 year old loved the action in this movie although it was immensely far-fetched, but then again it would be named Mission Plausible if it wasn't. He was a annoyed by the overly-obvious placement of Apple products throughout the movie. All in all it was entertaining.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Mission - Impossible: Ghost Protacal

good intence movie, best of the series most defenentley!
Adult Written byewy00 July 12, 2014

Fun movie

We watched this as a family. It was fun. Loads of action. Cool technology. It's long at three hours. We watched it over two nights and really looked forward to night two after night one. Will check out the other MI movies for family movie night based on our experience with Ghost Protocol.
Parent Written byParty pooper March 16, 2012

The truth about this movie

I think that this movie is highly appropriate for all ages and no matter what any body should be able to watch it because it presents wonderful information about our form of goverment.
Adult Written byTracy@SAVE January 20, 2012

Did we really need another one?

Another movie with glamourized, unrealistic & sensational violence.
Parent Written byCrakr January 7, 2012

Impossible now is possible

Overall great movie , better than we bought a zoo
Adult Written bypvtplatypus January 3, 2012

Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Wow, the best action blockbuster of the year. Without a doubt. Anyway, this film isn't nearly as violent or explicit as a lot of PG-13 films. The language is kept to a minimum, with one humorous use of the S word. The violence is common for a PG-13 action movie. Characters are killed, although none of it is graphic. There are punches thrown, explosions, shooting and a general sense of urgency. When a character is killed, the camera doesn't linger on them. Great fun for preteens and up. Everyone at the theater seemed to love it, me included. Highly, highly recommended.
Parent Written bymrv963 December 31, 2011

Loved it!

I loved it! I've seen all the previous ones & this one seemed to have more humor in it, not that its a comedy, just made me chuckle a few times. Lots of action & fights which of course is expected. I believe there was only one time I heard profanity, it wasn't a constant thing. There were a few kids in the audience, maybe 12 yrs old, & I overheard them say that was the best movie ever. Mine are too young at 5 & 7 to bring along but a tween/teen would love this.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 26, 2011

13 and up.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is an awesome action movie stars with tom cruise but parents you need to know that this movie Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol has a lot of intense violence some little mild language used and some social drinking.
Parent Written byImjustsaying December 26, 2011

Awesome movie!

I loved this movie. I only saw one other MI movie and didn't like it. This one had so much excitement. The scene where TC is on the Dubai tower is so frightening, I had a nightmare about it (he fell). The movie is fast paced, exciting and awesome. I did SE kids in the theater but I think they would get bored by the subject theme (CIA, spy stuff)
Parent of a 9, 11, 14, and 14 year old Written bynew guy02 December 17, 2011

great

this movie should be great but please parents keep in mind that this movie is rated PG13 for a reason an probably not the best movie for smaller kids