Parent reviews for Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Poster Image

Fun family movie night

I have 2 boys ages 10 and almost 7. I care a lot about making sure they don't see a lot of sexual content. This movie has none. I don't like a lot of swears, but a few slipping in here and there are ok. The language in this movie is very mild. As for violence: They've seen all the super hero movies (Avengers, X Men, etc) which are more violent than this movie for sure in terms of quantity as well as in terms of gore. This was more action scenes, chases, tranquilizers, etc and yes, 1 guy shot point blank (but no blood shown). As a result, this was a great family movie night-- something we all enjoyed. Unless you really want to keep your kids from watching any kind of violence, this movie is a great choice.
1 person found this helpful.

Great movie has less violence than previous movie ghost protocol!

This movie is great and me and my son loved the awesome, intense stunts played by Tom Cruise! Violence wise, the movie surprisingly had less violence than the previous movie Mission impossible ghost protocol! When I watched ghost protocol with my son I knew that it would be violent so when my son turned 11 I watched with him, He loved it and I did to though I did not like the opening scene where a character gets shot by a woman like 3 times. This movie was different, it more focused on the crazy stunts and story rather than shootouts, well, it did have shootouts, but they were bloodless and surprisingly quick! I counted and compared the shootouts to ghost protocol and this movie, Ghost Protocol: 8 shootouts. Rouge Nation: 4 shootouts. So when I played this movie with my son, I felt more comfortable. It had less violence but more stunts (which I dont mind) If your son is a mature 10 yr old or 11 yr old than I think he or she could watch this. Though I did skip a scene where a woman comes out a pool in her bikini and then took of her bra and the camera pointed towards her back but you see a slight cleavage, I think you should skip this scene.

ROGUE NATION

ONE OF THE BEST MISSION IMPOSSIBLE MOVIES!!!!!!

SUPER GOOD MOVIE

I think the movie should be rated 10 and up because there is alot of guns and blood. Also its one of my favorite mission impossible movies because there is alot of twists and turns. My favorite part is when Ethan Hunt (A.K.A Tom Cruise)is disguised as the bad guy!

One of the weaker films in the series, but still very thrilling

The movie delivers what you would expect from a Mission: Impossible film: incredible stunts and action scenes, breakthroughs/heists, and an entertaining plot. But aside from a better villain (at least, IMO), there is not much else to the film to compare it with other better installments. Nevertheless, I think teens and parents would have a lot of fun with it. There is a lot of intense action violence: including shootings (one is point-blank and off-screen), chases (including by cars and bikes with crashes), explosions, and a near-drowning. One character dresses suggestively, and there is one scene where she takes off her top and we see her bare back briefly. Not a lot of bad language. On the more positive side, there is a strong emphasis on the success of teamwork. 7.4/10

Mission Impossible 5

Tom Cruise was great in this movie. Some moderate violence and intense situations.

Quite intense but very good.

This was my first Mission Impossible movie I've ever seen. It was pretty graphic and violent with intense fight scenes such as gunshots and knives but there wasn't much blood. Language wasn't a big issue either. I heard it about twice but that was about it. Overall it should be fine for most 12 year olds.

Bang Bang

The action is great, if you can handle other Mission Impossible movies, then this one is a no brianer, Typical PG-13 violence.