Parent reviews for Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad Poster Image

If you go to the kids reviews THERE FUCKING STUPID.

This movie is not for kids a lot of gore blood a lot of violence. 18+ to watch this movie in my opinion

Definitely not for kids at all

Even for a horror-black comedy the violence was waay over the top, and as an adult, if you are ok with that, then that’s fine, enjoy. There were parts I liked as an adult. But this is not a movie kids or teens should see at all. There is a review on here saying a parent let their 13 year old and 7 year old watch this and said it was “fine”. Here are some thing in this movie which happen with realistic blood, gore and real looking pain and agony: A terrified girl is suffocated by her father with a plastic bag, a drunk father smashes a bottle and attempts to kill his son, but accidentally cuts his own neck wide open with the jagged glass, a mother gives birth to a newborn then attempts to crush then cut the newborn with a scalpel (pretty sickening to see even as an adult), a boy gets wire pierced through his cheek and is dragged around by it, the parents laugh while filling a small room with their kids in with gas, laughing about how they’ll vomit and cough and die soon, a grandpa is thrown out of a car, his head crushing vividly into gore. The terror of the young boy and teen girl through all this would scare kids. People are stabbed, burned, bitten, slashed, shot, beaten, a child drowned by their parent, and there is no resolution to the movie. When it ends many people are dead, and the parents still want to kill the kids. As an adult the final lines are a vaguely clever(ish) play on typical parent-teen dialogue so I guess you can appreciate that. As a kid or teen waiting for some happy or even vaguely resolved ending, it never comes. Guaranteed nightmares and trauma for kids and yes, even young teens. Because it’s not just sickening violence, it’s all acted out by the parents on kids of all ages. Please just be normal and show your kids movies aimed at their age group! There are heaps of fun, action filled, (even scary if they want that) movies that are actually for kids.

Ugh! Save your $1.50. It's not worth it.

I usually love everything Nick Cage does. But this movie made me regret spending the $1.50 at Redbox, not to mention 90 minutes of my life that I can never get back. I honestly can't figure out why he accepted this project. It's beneath him. It wasn't funny or all that entertaining. Many of the characters were cheesy cliches lacking all common sense. The script lacked originality in terms of the dialogue or plot twists. The overall concept of the movie...why the parents turned homicidal was never even broached. I can't overstate enough how much I HATED this movie. I usually never rate movies, but I deliberately sought out websites to do such after watching this film.

Don't Worry

This movie is fine. There are a few scenes that your child might ask about, but I'm sure if you just talk to them they'll be fine. I let my 13 year old watch it, who didn't know her 7 year old sister was hiding behind the sofa. Anna (the 7 year old) owned up to me, and just asked a few questions. However the only part she was actually scared by was the scene when the mother prentended that she didnt want to hurt them and asked them to come out. The important thing is to let them know that you'll never do anything like this. Lots of children go through a faze of horror, help them through it and it'll all be okay ;-)

Amazing!

I absolutely loved this movie, and I think teens and tweens (tweens being 12-14) could love it too. At the most they might get a little frightened, just reassure them that it's all okay, being scared is a part of growing up, and most children will probably end up watching it with or without your permission. If they do it with your permission then they can come to you with any concerns and tell you if they get scared. if they wtch it alone it'll stay bottled up, because they'll feel like they can't talk to you. Overrall if your child loves horror, they'll probably watchit and love it, at least if you agree they can talk to you.