All parent member reviews for Moms' Night Out

Parent of a 11 year old Written bymsMommy2u November 29, 2014

Wish I'd read the reviews before wasting an hour

Hard to figure out an appropriate age for this movie, but I suggest toddlers since anyone older is likely to be insulted by this insipid nonsensical mess. It's really hard to know where to even begin but I will go with the most obvious issues. Dads who are so incompetent that they can barely manage NOT to accidentally kill their own offspring left in their care for a few hours, women who are so emotionally unbalanced that they breakdown and cower in the closet after their out-of-control over-indulged kids destroy the house. Aargh...I fear that this movie's portrayal of marriage/motherhood may have done more to damage my daughters' psyches more than all the Carl's Jr. and Victoria's Secret commercials put together. Yuck. After about an hour, when I realized this was a poorly-acted, thinly-disguised infomercial for Focus on the Family, I couldn't hit the "stop" button on the DVD player quick enough. Unless these people all get some therapy, start taking psych meds and grown up by the end of this train wreck, this rubbish was completely unforgiveable (even for Christians).
Parent Written bytimp1 November 4, 2014

Amateur hour...

Awful script, stiffly acted, and amateurishly produced. The message appears to be that moms need to shut up, obey their husbands, and appreciate that we allow them to exist at all since they are so ungrateful for the honor of changing diapers, maintaining households without help, and having little to no adult contact.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byshelj701 October 18, 2014

Watched this movie with my 11 year old son. We both enjoyed it. We laughed alot and enjoyed the family friendly theme. It is refreshing to see a faith based movie that doesn't focus on death. My son has been turned off by Christian movies because they always make him cry due to the sad intense themes. He liked Mom's Day Out though.
Parent Written byBadorgoodparent August 25, 2014

FUNNY

ME AND MY CHILDREN LOVED THIS MOVIE GREAT FAMILY MOVIE
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bylifeisboog June 22, 2014

Bored beyond belief.

I was invited to see this as part of a Mom's night out. Without knowing what the movie was about I said yes. I expected light hearty laughs and got bored out of my skull. It started out kind of cute but the fact that they behaved as if the dad's couldn't take care of the children was irritating. Once they left the restaurant scene, which was the funniest part of the movie, they basically just drove around town yelling "Where's the baby?" over and over. The hour of driving to the same four locations was followed up with a super cheesy sermon by Trace Adkins. His portrayal of a dumb ex-con biker was kind of cute but eventually annoying. There are pretty heavy stereotypes which will most likely turn off anyone who isn't at an upper middle class Christian. There is some slapstick comedy which kids might enjoy but they will probably be bored for a majority of the movie. If you liked Fireproof you will like this movie. If you didn't, don't waste your time.
Educator Written byBoomerangPete June 8, 2014

Hilarious!

So thankful for a hilarious and clean family movie! This hilarious journey shows you just how hard a mom's job can be!
Parent Written bykimmiesmile May 19, 2014

Not what I expected!

My girlfriends invited me to a girls night out, and told me we would watch this movie. I was imagining Magic Mike type movie. While the movie was a little slow, it was surprisingly positive, clean, and encouraging. Very rare for a movie now days. While I wouldn't mind taking my younger child, I don't think they would enjoy it very much. That is why I said 12 and older. And honestly, I think the target audience is stay at home mom's!