Parent reviews for Mona Lisa Smile

Add your rating

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Nice entertainment

I enjoyed the movie. The leading character is an interesting personality with her goals well defined fighting against a crusted authocratic establishment.

Such a wonderful film!

I love it! This film is fantastic! The first time I rented it years ago I fell in love with it instantly & bought it soon thereafter. It has said to be a girl version of the Dead Poets Society movie, but not as meaningful. It's set in the 1950's and it has a very realistic, genuine feel throughout. The acting is superb and the chosen actors couldn't of been better! It's a film about finding yourself, making changes and going for what you love...not for what is expected of you. It has a lot of good messages throughout and great role models. It's a fun movie for probably older teens and up (tweens and teens don't seem to appreciate this movie, because they probably don't understand it's meaning). There's no violence, several discussions of sex and affairs but the content is not that strong like CommonSense suggests for some reason. Drinking & smoking is present. Language is pretty clean except for a few slips like @ss, [email protected], screwing (no "F" words that I remember) and whoever says this movie is bland, doesn't have much taste. This one is a gem!

I didn't like this at all

The acting was great (especially by Kirsten Dunst and Julia Stiles), but the storyline was jumbled and confusing at times. With all of the smoking, drinking, and sexual references, I definitely don't think kids should see this.

Good for teens and adults, not a family movie.

not rated for age

very dissapointed

...that's pretty much it. i was dissapointed with this movie (but what's new? i'm dissapointed with the majority of what hollywood puts out these days!!)