Parent reviews for Monkey Kingdom

Monkey Kingdom Poster Image

Monkey Kingdom Parent Guide

This movie is fun and educational. Nudity: Baby Monkeys have no fur on yet after they are born. Violence: Circle of Life violence. No gangster content that is similar to what happened in the "Chimpanzee" documentary movie made by the creators of this one. There may be content that kids under 13 may not understand unless, they are one of those 12 year olds that a parent guide I used in one of my reviews on this website, mentioned. Here is the excerpt or piece from the guide that talks about the requirements for that 12 year old. Excerpt: "The 12 year old can't be violent, have a history of gambling underage illegally, not know how old you have to be to use tobacco and alcohol and other drugs, has a history of going out naked in public or does not understand the laws of clothing and does not understand thematic elements if he or she wants to play a game with these ratings. The 12 year old also needs to understand that people bleed and no one should be the cause of a person bleeding on purpose." If movies had game ratings, this movie would or should be rated T for Teen by ESRB and Pegi-12 (12+) by Pegi. The quoted excerpt came from a game ratings guide from the internet. There are games that have the same content that is in this movie. All rights go to ESRB and Pegi for that excerpt. Great role models: The monkeys can be counted as role models because they made the film awesome. The people that made this movie are awesome creators. The content that may not be suitable for kids under 13 unless, they are one of those 12 year olds that were mentioned earlier, is hard to explain. There is no gambling, tobacco, alcohol or other drugs. But, remember the violence part of that excerpt from the thing I mentioned earlier. The Circle of Life violence is a little strong and scary. The enjoyment of watching the violence might make a kid want to be violent. All violence in the movie is domestic violence. The nudity scenes are not that bad. Trust me. Be careful. I hoped this helped.

Monkey Kingdom a "Chimp" Off The Old Block! (FUN!)

Highly recommend this "Disney Nature Documentary" for families of all ages, but especially fort those who are interested in "nature films".. It reaches many things about the "Monkey Kingdom" providing knowledge and incite as to their habitat. I didn't mind the "monkey Violence" in the movies a s with nature it's the "survival of the fittest", life's cycle! Those who enjoy nature films and teaching their kids something abut nature and the life cycle will enjoy this film to go along with the other Disney Nature Films now available on DVD. Cheers! RainbowRay

Tremendously upsetting for our four-year-old

The reviews warned that there were parts where the monkeys were in danger that might be upsetting, however what really upset our child was when the protagonist monkeys behaved badly (according to human standards). They are kicked out of their home and land in a town where we see them stealing food. That's when our child lost it. The monkeys are portrayed in very human terms, so I can see how seeing the supposed good guys stealing, and wreaking havoc generally, is upsetting to four-year-old sensibilities. His folks loved the movie, however.

MONKEYING AROUND!

IT IS AN AMAZING MOVIE! MY CHILDREN LOVED IT TOO!!!!!!!!