Kid reviews for Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter Poster Image

Don’t bother with this

In general this movie was a drag, the cgi wasn’t the best compared to the tech of today and the character’s didn’t have much development. The development they did get was thrown away in the end though so it didn’t matter. But for a monster hunter fan this is horrible, one of the least faithful video game adaptations I have seen. The weapons don’t make sense, the monsters don’t even act like they do in the games! nercylla are fought in the sunlight and don’t hunt in packs. The Rathalos isn’t a wind god, it’s just a apex predator, basically a eagle equivalent. They also jammed the army into it. Just plain disspointing.

Unfaithful adaptation

As a fan of the monster hunter games I can say with confidence this is one of the most unfaithful video game adaptations I’ve ever seen. It feels like they just made stuff up as they went, and also shoe horning the US military in for no reason was really dumb.

Ehh

Boring

Wow

This movie is the coolest and the fights are amazing and the camera shots make it seem like there actually in the desert and its just really good but watch out 5 year olds because its really violent like a guy gets baby spiders crawl out of his belly.

Monster Hunter

As with most video game movies, Monster Hunter is not very good. While it has some funny moments, it's heavily weighed down by boring scenes and poor special effects, which in a movie where big monsters are the main focus, is kind of a big deal. I didn't hate Monster Hunter, but at several points throughout the movies I found my thoughts wandering because it just wasn't interesting or exciting enough to keep my interest. Overall, I give it a 45%.

gets evrey thing rong about the game

why did you give the game 15 and this 14 this is terribly violent and gets evrey thing rong about the game theres no army soldiers that's like if the lord of the rings was like will feral got into middle earth that wouldn't be fun rathalos isn't a wind god he's just an apex preditor and it makes no sense commonsense (drum roll) like how can a gun not defeat the monsters even though in the game hunters use guns why are there spiders they look like the ones from harry potter also this should be rated R because there are burnt bodies (that are graphic ) lots of dismemberment monsters eating people this is this just a reskin of resident evil movie from the 2000's never listen to any one but me about this movie

Good For Kids

this movie is pretty good. also good for kids. there is violence.

Really good! :)

It's a really good movie. Some parts look fake, but that's okay. I think this is really great! Maybe you should watch it! :) Swearing in it.

Milla Jovovich's best film since resident evil.

Great film but some scenes are just too disgusting. I bought 20$ worth of popcorn, candy and coca cola and a scene at the mid-beginning ruined my appetite. It was like the scene from The Mummy ( 1999) were all the beetles sprouted out from a man's body but since it is 21 years later and modern technology is always improving the scene has just become too gory to watch. At the beginning and the end of the film it looks like the U.S. troops are in Iraq, which I guess is an idea of violence but when you watch the rest of the film the fact that they are at war you can ignore, you have to worry about the several monsters. Even though it is really violent it is like a kids cartoon compared to the violence in other Milla Jovovich movies. Other than that it is a fantastic movie and you should totally watch it.

Monster hunter is a sub-par brainless action movie that will be even worse for fans of the original games

I was excited for this movie since it was announced, being a huge fan of the games. But ever since I saw the first few trailers I was concerned about how they were portraying this game franchise that so many people are passionate about. I was incredibly disappointed by the inaccurate representation of certain monsters and weapons. The costume design wasn’t great but at least felt somewhat like something you would see in a monster hunter game. And as a movie itself it was just a bad movie, it spent way too much time focusing on slow character connections and development that never actually mattered in the end, and if they had shown how these character developments actually mattered in the end the movie would have been at least somewhat better. Take this review with a grain of salt if you aren’t a huge fan of monster hunter, because I am biased due to how awfully inaccurate this movie is. For example, a monster called a Diablos in no way acts like a Diablos, acting more like a big horned sand shark thing, and the spider monsters, Nerscylla, are shown to move in packs and be afraid of sunlight, despite the monster being fought in sunlit areas and that nerscylla are rarely found in the desert where the movie takes place. The weapons are even more inaccurate, with the admiral’s switch axe being able to produce waves of fire along the ground, something that a switch axe in no way can do in the games, but not something impossible in the games. The charge blade weapon type in the games can produce explosions of element along the ground by using a move called a super amped elemental discharge, and this attack that the admiral uses in the movie seems to be a film adaptation of this, yet he isn’t even using the right weapon, and they never explain how his weapon can do this (granted a monster hunter fan can speculate that the power phials in the switch axe are somehow being used in axe mode to do this but to a non monster hunter fan this is even more confusing) Otherwise the movie isn’t very scary, there’s one pretty gross and scary part that other people have mentioned, but I still wouldn’t watch it if you are less than 12 years old (probably a mature 12 years old) , and I definitely don’t recommend watching this movie before learning about the game series that it comes from, because honestly monster hunter is one of the most amazing, in depth, fun games I have ever played and this movie makes people wonder how anyone would ever play a monster hunter game.