Kid reviews for Monster's Ball

Monster's Ball Poster Image

Thought Provoking

I found this drama to be quite thought provoking. As a young person interested in film, I feel that it is important to know what life is about. This shows a side of Georgia where the sun don’t shine.

Moving drama has the power to change views on life

The entire film revolves around sensitive and real issues in everyday life - racism, families and death sentences being the 3 main themes in this film. Unfortunately, the explicit scenes, and the tragic execution scene play an important role in this film - obviously, the film isn't for anyone who can't handle it, or anyone not mature enough to. But, I definately recommend it. Heath Ledger's short-lived performance in this film is almost too good to describe, and Halle Berry's portrayal of heart-rending Laticia deserves the awards she rightfully picked up in turn. A brilliant film, inside and out, it truly shows how the little things in life can build up to change a person completely; how a person with backwards views to everything can suddenly appreciate and turn their life around. Its just sad it took cataclysmic death for it to happen.