All teen and kid member reviews for Monsters, Inc.

Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2011

Very violent

I do not like the monsters roaring or the machine that catches kids screams. My little brother watched it with me once and he was afraid of the crushing machine and the monsters roaring, in one part, Mike Wizowski goes on a date for a monsters birthday but it is not sexy. It is kind of disturbing and loud when the little girl screams and cries. But this movie tells kids that there is no need to be afraid if monsters coming out of your closet and scaring you, I like this movie but parents, please read the review up top about Monsters Inc before letting your kids watch that because it is a very violent movie. But still very funny and awesome, the end is my favorite part.
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2010

Easily Laughable

I'm 10 and I still watch Monsters inc.! It's shuch a fun movie to see. I love Sully and Boo. But I thin kit is good for 6+ because older kids might not get as good of a laugh unlike little children. No bad stuff whatsoever. Great for the whole family!
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 June 27, 2013

Watch Monsters University instead. (The sequel of Monsters, Inc.)

Watch it instead even though this film is great, WATCH IT INSTEAD! But first, try clicking "Helped Me Decide".
Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2011

Good but Scary

Full of monsters. You know your child. Would he or she be able to handle a giant spider, a gross lizard, and other disgusting beasts?
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2016

Its a brilliant movie

This movie is a great one!!! It is also hilarious! But is it has some swearing, like "jerk", and "idiot. At the end of the movie, it can be kind of sad for sensitive kids.
Kid, 8 years old May 7, 2011

Good for4 5 6 7 year olds

Good movie. A little bit of it may be scary to 4 and 5 year olds. It has some jokes for aldults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake March 23, 2016

Perfect for Every Child

Monsters Inc. was a good mix of monsters, humor, and cute. Monsters Inc. has no language, great messages, and hilarious cute characters. Monsters Inc. has very little toys that your children will ask for, too. However, sensitive children might not like the fact that the Monsters scare kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnastasiaz January 30, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2015

Fun,but sometimes scary disney flick has some intense scenes.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykayleerose123 December 2, 2014

THE MONSTER LIFE:}

Monsters Inc,is a wonderful movie to just sit back and relax. It has an amazing plot It tells how they go and scare kids and how they live life as a monster. One day one of the monsters comes back with a little surprise and the whole monster world has to deal with all these in inspectors coming back and forth to his work and going all through the town. Now that you know an idea about how the movie is going to play out, you should consider watching this outstanding movie. {enjoy have fun} {WARNING I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR CHILDREN UNDER 3 }
Teen, 17 years old Written byLiam ingram December 31, 2015
It's really good but What it is like thay say there is violence there moan at people and other and at one point there is this green monster and he pokes he's willy up a pushes it and there's not bad words just like shut up and nuts like when he sneezes and the newspaper blows up and he goes aw nuts ! And that's it but it is good
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyChick December 18, 2015

Very good idea

As a young child I refused for years to even attempt watching this movie simply because it was about monsters and I was convinced it would scare me. I know I eventually did watch it though, but I don't remember what I thought of it. I do know I wasn't actually scared. So basically just remember to tell your kids its about nice monsters who make kids laugh.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycallofduty6 October 24, 2015
I honestly hav never known a kid that was scared of monsters under their bed. I was never scared of that, i was scared of someone breaking into my house and killing or kidnapping me or something. Great movie, mite b scary for sensitive kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 15, 2015

The Funniest

This is possibly the funniest film to come out of the Pixar cannon. Billy Crystal and John Goodman rock their roles as the titular monsters. And the ending will get to you no matter how hard you try to ignore it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

cool

cool
Kid, 12 years old September 9, 2014

It's ok

i think it is a good movie for kids. but for kids under six-seven they might not understand it. It is scary, and there is a little bit of violent parts.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2015

cute funny heartwarming comedy with mild scares

be careful this movie has scary monsters and lots of loud roaring that will haunt kids and give them nightmares. not for most kids under 7.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPinkarray February 8, 2015

Anyone spot any familiar DVDs

That scene where Boo knocks over the DVDs seem to have too much consumerism.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 June 17, 2011

More Clever Than Creepy

Sulley only scares for the good of the monster world, and doesn't want to scare Boo off duty. Mike and Sulley let nothing get in the way of their friendship. Pixar never made a bad movie and thisis a perfect example of my opinion. Enjoy this movie for a perfectly appropriate but not kidified cartoon. Very mild "scary scenes".