Kid reviews for Monsters University

Monsters Inc. prequel is a fun college comedy for all ages.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 20, 2013

Great. Pure Great.

Parents, this clever and fun prequel to the Pixar classic is very entertaining, but adds some more mature content to the mix. There is some scary images, much more than the mix, bullying, and lots of action-packed comical chase scenes. Sexuality is very low, but flirting and kissing are shown briefly. The insults are very mean. There is jerk, failure, idiot, stupid, jerk, you don't belong here, son of a gun, monster, freak, lame, and one hard-to-hear "penis" during a call. In the end, this animated fun college comedy is very good, but meant for bigger kids. Rated PG For Partying, Bullying, Some Scary Images, And Brief Crude Language.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2013

Great Film

This film is really good. It has only clean humor and really good graphics. There is a lot of name calling, though, like jerk, idiot, and you don't belong here. Mike does use this to fuel him, though, show it shows how to ignore name calling and turn it into perseverance. Also, they scare little kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd June 21, 2013

better than monsters inc(which is also i pretty good movie too)

The only characters I could picture scaring really young kids are,the really huge old librarian,the flying Dean and the female monsters from the group PNK python nu kappa who's eyes turn red a couple of times in the movie

Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 June 24, 2013

Best Pixar movie yet

I had to watch the first Monsters Inc. movie again and I still love that one. However, I like this one more. I think it's the best Pixar movie yet. Any age can watch it. It had posiotive messages and role models.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJo86 July 2, 2013

A must-see movie.

Personally, I think it is a great movie. It has some scary parts where the monsters scare children and also includes some name-calling, bullying (pranks), college partying and one kiss. But other than that, it is full of clean humor and it truly is a must-see movie for children and families to enjoy! It's very humorous, fun and has a great moral! You must watch it!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMRPANDA October 30, 2017

Great Movie!

I Love This Movie And It's Not That Scary (Maybe Scary For Kids 0-2 Years Old.) Great Movie Please Watch It

Teen, 13 years old Written by4.26.14 December 2, 2014

Very interesting and funny

Monsters University is a good movie for people who like weird monsters and comedy at the same time. The movie wasn't very violent at all. The movie is not at crying- laughing kind of movie but it is humorous at times. There are two main character(Sully and Mike) They are roommates and they have to go through the struggles of college together. Watch it to see how they do!:)
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2013

Good movie.

This isn't nearly as much of disappointing disgrace to the original as I thought it was going to be before I watched it. It was really funny. There's some partying, but none of which is really inappropriate. The contents of some red party cups are not discussed. There is some mild fantasy violence. Sensitive kids might be afraid of the monsters, but most will just find them funny. I know I found the monsters hillarious when I was little and watching the first movie. Really good movie- Not quite as good as the first one, though.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySARAHA5ME August 23, 2013

Great! :)

This movie is great! it is so family friendly! (unless of course ur trying not to tell your kids about monsters until higher maturity or age) but i personally loved it and so did my mom and little sister, when we saw it in theaters. i personally think this is a perfect movie for families. :)

Written byAnonymous July 9, 2013

Educational

Ok I'm 11 and I saw it. I wanted to see if it was good or not and it caused me to do a 3-star. Sorry but Disney is sort of losing their touch. Disney did buy Pixar right? Other than that it is perfectly fine for little kids and Mike and Sulley are good role-models. Mike learns that you can't expect to be the best. You have to work at it. Sulley learned that just because you were born from a big family name doesn't excuse you from any of the work. So educational and little kids would enjoy it.

Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2013

Not What We Expected But Still Good

I do agree that this prequel has lots of humor, positive messages, and great ties to Monsters Inc. But what I found when I went to see this film with my family was that it was slightly dark and would definitely frighten young viewers at some points in the film. The head of MU is quite a grim character that reminded me of a ant/bat/centipede. My family also agreed that the "dolls" that the college students practice their scaring with are very creepy looking. They look like old, giant, bald baby dolls that vaguely resemble skeletons. These two things made a 10 year old feel a bit uncomfortable. One last disappointing thing about this film was the whole show revolves around the "Scare Games" which are a series of dangerous events that prove which team has the best scaring skills. That might be interesting for you, but my family was hoping for more of a college feel than a "lets see who's top dog" kind of thing. However, this prequel does offer very important messages about bullying, self confidence, making friends, and the key to success is working hard.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRuined January 23, 2018

Monsters

Can scare any kids at or under the age of 4. Compared to the first one. Monsters university is way more intense. Lots more scaring and some of the monster teachers and students looks can be scary. So kids 7 or 6 could properly handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycodeSR2004 January 14, 2018

I'm speechless

Love it. I've watched it a few times and never get bored! But I don't understand why a lot of people don't like the movie (personally speaking parents) So I've watched it for the millionth time today with my little brother besides me. He's 5 and he wasn't scared at all! But I understand that there are a lot more children that would find this scary. But the parents need to chill obviously I wouldn't let a 3 year old watch the movie. So grow up, stop complaining and use you're common sense.Think to yourself "Would I really let my 3 year old watch this, It does include name calling, scares" It obviously depends on whether you're child is sensitive or not. So why don't you oldies switch on the telly and watch some peppa pig.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJMS12392952 June 1, 2017

Great prequel!

Monsters University is a great prequel to Monsters Inc. I loved the characters and the scare factor. It was cool to see the beloved characters from Monsters Inc. when they were in college!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChart298 April 21, 2017

Good for kids 5 and up

I think that this is one of the best PIXAR movies. I honestly don't understand why some people don't like it. The morals are great, and I still enjoy it at 13 years old. The only downsides are the name calling and the 3-4 intense sequences. Overall, this is a truly spectacular movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDrumMaster777 January 25, 2017

Great storyline, and great characters.

This is a great movie and it shows how even if you're at rock-bottom, you can work hard enough to get to your goal, if you try hard enough. At the end of the movie, it is quite scary; Sulley does a menacing roar, and the build-up to this scene is scary too. Suspense and jumpscares are some of the things that happen often in this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 December 3, 2016

Good Movie

Fun movie

Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2013

Very Good, Great Message

I think it was a bit confusing as "Monsters INC" was first, where they had jobs and an apartment and stuff, but then it just flashes back in the new movie "Monsters University" Where they are at school. It is a very touching story and quite a positive message, For example: To forgive.

Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

good movie

The story is good but the monsters who are in it may scare your little kids. The story is mixed in with laughs and sometimes cries but the whole movie is meant to be funny! For the kids I think it will be funny for kids 5 and up and the whole story is about monsters going to college

Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis July 3, 2013

Good, funny movie. Perfect for any kid.

I'm so gad that Pixar finally pulled themselves together, their previous two movies were total failures.