All parent member reviews for Monte Carlo

Parent Written byCrescent May 20, 2012

Not what I expected

We try to teach our kids not to lie, but then someone makes a movie with their fave actress/actor deceiving others. For a kid that watched Selena Gomez on the Disney Channel before this movie, I'd say this is a huge leap. It's very upsetting that in most of these "chick flick lite" movies, the women are stumbling upon strange men to fall in love. When our kids see this, they in return begin to lower their guard around strangers. This is very dangerous. I, also, found the clothing of these girls to be too promiscuous sometimes, especially from the co-stars. Movies ( even those supposedly for youngsters) are just getting more profane and provocative. Younger people are still learning what right/wrong is. When we give them a right thing in a wrong way, they absorb it all. They need extra help along the way. And that clock cannot be turned back. With all the adult situations and partying, your kids are better off playing outside and enjoying what innocence and happiness they still have left.
Parent Written bymagicjazzygirl January 8, 2013

Monte Carlo

This is a lovely film I think you should be about 9 and over to watch this film. It is a movie for girly girls who love Paris,fashion and shoes!!! My daughter loves it she is 11 years old. It is quite a funny film!
Adult Written bysynphany July 4, 2012

rated pg

it is okay for children
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byMom and movie lover July 18, 2011

Perfect Tween/teen mistaken identity adventure romp!

Monte Carlo is a charming tween/teen movie! It is a fun, mistaken identity movie about 3 girls who start off not necessarily liking each other. They grow to accept each other during the course of the movie and each has their own different happy ending. The best part of this movie is NO SWEARING, NO NUDITY, NO SEXUAL SCENES or INNUDENOS, NO SMOKING, DRINKING or DRUGS!!!!! This is what movies are supposed to be about for this tween/early teen age -- fun, adventure, foreign places, and some life lessons! Perfect for the tween/teen set (and me too) and I wish there were more movies like this with today's stars!
Parent Written byLucinaPshegubj December 15, 2012

It's a good movie for kids

Though it's a rip off of Hilary Duff's "Lizzie McQuire Movie" but it's still a good girlie movie
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Fine for young girls!

Overall an Unrealistic film. The plot is EXTREMELY similar to The Lizzie Mcguire movie. But this time, 3 girls instead of one. It has no sex scenes and is fun. One of the girls also learns a lesson about the 'fancy' life which I thought was excellent for kids to see and learn. I would let my kids watch this if I had kids.
Adult Written byfreedphoenix July 9, 2011

Excellent, but...

I took my little sister (11) to see this and we both highly enjoyed it. Monte Carlo was cute and lighthearted, an excellent way to spend a few summer hours. The only issue was after the movie, when my sister asked why Meg went off with Riley, and wasn't that bad? That might also come up for you, I don't know. Overall, a throughly enjoyable movie.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymahims_ne July 7, 2011