All member reviews for Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Nonstop hilarity for families; some bawdy humor, profanity.

Adult Written byjanwatches April 9, 2008

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byskmaxwell June 26, 2009

Monty Python Humor never intended for kids!

I love it as an adult but just don't think that it is age appropriate for kids. I had first watched it long ago and remembered the humor in it. I watched it again before showing it to my 14 and 11 year old and decided within the first 15 minutes they wouldn't be seeing it soon.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 October 12, 2009

Most people seem to like this film the best out of all the Python films. I personally liked "Life Of Brian" more and have not seen "Meaning Of Life" yet. Don't let the PG-rating fool you. It's at least a hard PG-13. It's fairly violent and bloody, there are sexual references and I believe I heard about 1 use of the f-word. If you removed the nudity from "Life Of Brian", it would actually be tamer than this film imo. If your let your kids watch violent films, then you will have no problem with this one.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byLAlawyermom March 19, 2011

A little edgy; depends on your kid; but so worth it!

I loved this movie, so I had to share it when my precocious kid was all about comedies -- but you do have to be prepared to explain a few things or let them fly over their heads - and I definitely always fastforward through the castle virgins sequence before we can get to the parts about spankings/oral sex! Otherwise, as long as your kid can understand that some of the language and comedy is completely silly and of course you woudl never say or do, I think it is fine. he loved it. Now quotes all the skits.
Adult Written byCdiff September 10, 2009

Perfect for age 11-Adult

No concerns. Role models? In a comedy? I watched this movie when I was eleven and I loved it! Some of the humor may be a bit much but little kids will laugh at the killer rabbit and won't get the teen virgins part. For kids that get it it is HILARIOUS. I understand the person who did not like it. Some people like different comedy styles. Parodies are not for them. Awesome movie! ;)
Adult Written byDanaRae March 10, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 June 1, 2010

: D

Hilarious! One of the funniest movies I've seen in my life! That rabbit was a bit scary, though. The only problem I had with I was that castle full of girls. That part was kind of weird watching it with my 9-year-old brother.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2010

Funny

This was a funny, well made movie. It starts out a little slow, but picks up once the knights set out on their quest for the grail. I particularly enjoyed the parts with the knights who say "Ni!" and the killer rabbit. I would rate it PG-13 for comic violence, crude and sexual humor, and language.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2011

Good

Super stuptid but entertaning plot with very unrealstic fake blood cusses including basterds and s-it be aware
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 6, 2011

I pity whoever can stop laughing.

My rating: PG-13 for some language, bloody comic violence, and for satirical humor throughout including some double entendres and innuendo.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 14, 2011

Such a great movie comedy... not sure for what ages

I'm on the fence about letting my 10-year-old son watch this. On one level, it's a brilliant comedy, full of the kind of subversive silliness that kids edging toward adolescence need. Yes, I said "need"; rebelling against adult moral restriction is a important step in pre-teen maturation, and embracing inappropriate humor is one of the healthiest ways to do it. Still, I'm not sure I'm ready to explain to my kid why a bevy of young women might be excited by the prospect of getting a spanking... and I sure don't want to have to answer the question, "What's oral sex?" Still, these are just quick, bawdy touches in a film so packed with brainy wit and goofball schtick that I'm wondering if I can't just cough at a few opportune moments to bleep the naughty bits. 'Tis a puzzlement.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 13 year old Written bySnout-Dog January 10, 2011

A classic must-see

One of the funniest movies ever! My sons saw it at age 11 and my daughter at age 9. We now own the DVD and they have watched it many times. Sometimes they pop it in just to watch the credits (hilarious) They quote it all the time and act out the spoofish comedy. The only thing of which to beware it the castle with the vestal virgins. I just do a little FF at the point where "oral sex" is mentioned, and all is well.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 22, 2011

some violence, fake blood, but other than that, wicked funny
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

Tweens Perfecto

A great movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2011

it was pretty funny, but kinda edgy
Parent of a 13 year old Written byAiomon May 31, 2009

Light Hearted Joking

There is reference to oral sex, blood gusing that is light reed and obviosly fake. Young children will not get the humor and it is appropriate for ages 11 and over.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 2, 2011

Weird, funny movie

My friends love and quote this movie all the time, so I sat myself down and watched it, unfamiliar with Monty Python's humor. It's completely random, oddball, but often very funny, the part where the knight keeps getting parts cut off from him is especially hilarious. See the movie just to know what everyone's talking about!
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2011

Great movie

It's a great movie. There is some sexual talking but nothing happens.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDearos August 11, 2011

A classic.

It's Monty Python. That should be enough for any review but that wouldn't be very interesting now would it? Monty Python and the Holy Grail is probably their best work it is funny, edgy and insanely silly. There are so many great scenes and lines in this film it's amazing. If you don't like this film then I must say that your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. You probably even think coconuts migrate don't you?
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

THe funniest movie ever made

In my opinion, this is the most hilarious movie ever made. You will want to watch it again and again, and you should, because there a lot of things you don’t' catch at first. I remember the opening credits weren't really that funny the first two times, but the third time I was cracking up. It may be a bit too much for younger audiences. It is a very random movie, so if you like random things; you're in for a treat. Some people love this movie, and others think it's very dumb. Everyone should give it a chance, because in my opinion, it is absolutely hilarious =)