All teen and kid member reviews for Monty Python's Life of Brian

Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 November 19, 2011

As long as younger teenagers shut their eyes for the nudity bit, I don't this movie is a problem, but some people may get offended because there is a good amount of blasphemy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow January 15, 2013

Really? This is the best you can do?

Of all things related to Monty Python, this is my least favorite. I don't know, am I the only person who thought this movie kind of sucked? The story is ungodly hard to follow, with several points that really just didn't add up at all (the scene with the aliens was so strange it was cringeworthy). I mean, The Meaning of Life was allowed to be incomprehensible, because it's a sketch comedy; but LOB is a film with story, so it just feels out of place. And aside from a few mildly amusing jokes, the humor is very mediocre, some of which is just rehashed from Holy Grail. I guess I do sort of respect the movie for attempting to make fun of religion in a way that a lot of other people wouldn't risk doing, but they just didn't do it the right way at all. On the upside, the actors do a fine job as usual, and the sets and costumes were very well-constructed. But even that's not saying much. The only part of the film that I thought was really good was the part at the end when (SPOILERS!) Brian and some other guys are being crucified, and to cheer themselves up, they all sing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life". I thought that was a very touching moment, because it captured the idea of life and death in a realistic way (it should have been in The Meaning of Life). But aside from that, the film really falls flat, with lame jokes, a muddled story, and nowhere NEAR enough sex for an R rated film. Go watch the other two movies.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2010
this is a surprisingly clean and hilarious comedy classic that many parents of 12-13 year olds will have seen, and will be keen to show to their kids, however, some kids might get bored with the subtle/non-slapstick humour and might not understand the sly, clever jokes about religion etc. so if your kid knows a lot about religion and understands things like that then they will enjoy it more than someone who has no idea about the stories in the Bible etc. There is some salty language including f**k and some brief nudity, but nothing no 12 year old hasnt seen :) its very funni but you need to have a bit of understanding of christianity... maybe a talk about religion before or after viewing the film might help.. your choice :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 27, 2011

Comedy classic is one of the funniest movies of all time, but has nudity.

"Life of Brian" by cult comedy group Monty Python is one of the most acclaimed comedies of all. And i also think that the gags are excellent, the plot is great and the actors are great in their roles (note that the Pythons plays several roles in one movie). Memorable scenes are Ceaser's barely understandable speech, a random space trip and a musical crucifixation among many other great scenes. An absolute masterpiece of work. There is one scene of full frontal male nudity followed by full frontal female nudity, but both scenes are not in a sexual context. There is much religious humour, but it was not as offensive as everyone says. It is a satire. Suitable for children 12 and up.
Kid, 9 years old October 22, 2013

funny

great movie but some language and nudity but so funny
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 11, 2011

This has everything--full-frontal nudity (male AND female), tons of swearing, derogatory humor, and--of course!--extremely crude religious satire. I was surprised I was allowed to see it, though I laughed the whole way through. Mature audiences only!

My rating: R for constant sacrilege and mature anti-Christian humor, strong language and some graphic nudity.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 October 11, 2009
Unlike Holy Grail, this movie is Rated R. The f-word is used about 8 times and there are two full frontal nude scenes both male and female. There's also some comic violence but nothing too bad. If you do not have a problem with your kids viewing nudity, then this movie should be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTroy_riner July 12, 2014

Great film but lots of offensive and religous jokes

If you get offended by religous or christian jokes dont watch but other than that its hilarious and as a non religous person the jokes just click perfectly and are hilarious especially the end
Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 June 28, 2012

Funny Religion Satire

I enjoyed how this film satirized religion very directly. It pointed out all it's problem from misinterpretation to contradiction. Now there is frontal nudity in this movie, but, even though it implied that sex was had, it wasn't sexual and was intended to be humorous. Now, if you see nudity as a bad thing I suppose you could call that inappropriate. The language was strong. Several f-words. But, parents are too protective about language anyways. By age 12 we know all sorts of bad words. What I would be most concerned with is sex, and violence. And the most sexual this film gets is non-sexual nudity. The most violent thing is severed bodies portrayed in a comical way. Over all, this was a funny movie that ironically exposed the hidden truths of religion.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2010
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2016

Funny Monty Python mocks religion.

Life of Brian is a hilarious film, making jokes on religion as well as Roman history. The main character is Jesus' contemporary, a man called Brian who is misunderstood as the messiah simply because he drops his shoe on the ground while running. This is thought of as a sign of the Messaih and everyone takes off their shoe. The joke where the Roman emperor has a lisp is hilarious- when asking the public who to release they always say names with an r in them so the general can pronounce them with a w instead. They make him eventually say welease bwian- a suggestion by Brian's girlfriend. She wants to release Brian because she loves him- but everyone else is in favour of saying that just to hear the emperor say welease bwian. The song at the end is memorable- always look on the bright side of life. In conclusion, life of brian is a funny ride that most kids can enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOzhowlett September 2, 2015

Life of Brian, one of the most controversial films ever, for no reason

Ok, you will see that in the sum up by Common Sense media it says it pokes fun of religion, this is false and yes I am christian. People think it is but where. Well it says that Jesus wasn't Jesus. This is false. The thing it is making fun of is that people will follow things blindly which is true. It also is very good for latin revision for 2 scenes. 1 were Brian has a task. Write in red paint on a wall Romans go home. In latin and a roman Leginary sees this and says this is wrong that is not how you write it and it goes into how it is wrong and he has to write it correctly 100 times (or so) The second, what have the Romans ever done for us. Turns out a lot and that stuff is listed Now this does have full nudity but for humor not for sex. This film does have blood but for humor. Over all it is good and not making fun of religion
Teen, 13 years old Written byskwunkel March 28, 2015

Contains Bear bum and bajulies

Contains Bear bum and bajulies. And Biggus dickus.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 February 8, 2015

Decent Sityrical Religious Comedy has sexual themes, cursing, some violence

Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2014

good for all ages

its very good and funny good for 1 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 15, 2013

Monty Pythons Life of Brian is one of the funniest movies ever

Life of Brian is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. My favorite part is the ending. Monty Python Life of Brian isn't as funny as The Holy Grail but is still funnier than a lot of movies made. It is awesome.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytogatoga36 April 9, 2008

Great

This movie is great, what annoys me is the fact that people think this movie is offensive to Religions. It's making fun of it, it's just putting it in the Bright Side of Life (See end of the movie). All in all, I really liked this movie